cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access EmployeeTimeCalendar data ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In our specific development we have to access data about employees' "occupations". If someone requests for a leave and the leave is validated by its boss I can find it in the EmployeeTime Item object. But there is no duration and I can't tell whether it is a full day or a hald day leave (which is important to me).

I guess I have to look in the EmployeeTime Calendar object, but I don't know how to access this object from the code. There is no query to basically query it. In the Period node, there is an association to the EmployeeTime Item that would be a good way to access the data but I can't retrieve data from the EmployeeTimeCalendar node for I don't have the UUID.

I have found the EmployeeTimeRecordingView that holds data that is readable. But it only covers a time frame of about three months around the actual date. So I can't retrieve old or future data outside this mobile frame.

I can imagine two solutions to my issue : 1- Get to access the EmployeeTimeCalendar data or 2- Enlarge the time frame of the recording view.

Can someone help me ? I am really in trouble with this 😞

Thanks in advance

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I am facing a similar problem and I also would be interested how to access EmployeeTimeCalendar data.

But perhaps, a workaround will do it for you:

Using the query named QueryActualTimeAndAbsenceTimeByElements from the EmployeeTime object will yield time registration data from a certain employee and/or for a certain timespan - there are many possible filter settings.

The result among other fields is a collection of UUIDs from which you can query the corresponding EmployeeTime objects.

Perhaps this helps.

Regards -

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, Markus, but it was no clue to me. Querying the EmployeeTime, I can only get partial info. I know that an employee has had (or will have) paid leave this day. But as duration is not filled in, I can't know whether it is a full day or a half day.

The info is mandatorily somewhere in the database. I can view it thru the EmploeeTimeRecordingView but only on a predefined timespan. If only I could set this timespan ! I would be able to calculate the width of the timespan and then get my data. Have you tried this ? On my tenant, the timespan is set to three months "around" today. But I can't find any way to enlarge this timespan to get data outside.

Any idea ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

There has been a recent hotfix (July 8th, 2015) and SAP released the EmployeeTimeCalendar Period Item object. It has a query in it ... So I could solve my problem. You may have the same good luck as I had !

Regards

Answers (0)