Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I schedule backups for MaxDB

Sigurdur
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an MaxDB 7.8 installed for use with content server 6.4. I don´t have a thrid party backup toll that can interface with MaxDb and using DBA cookpit í sap is not an optin I belive since the MaxDb is not used by a SAP system.

I hvave made backups manually using MaxDB Studio and have automatic log backup enabled, BUt so ar I don't know of any methood of scheduling/automating the backup process ?

Can í use a commandline tool and Batch script to acompplish this or is ther any other way.

Is it prehaps better in my case to stop using MaxDB as a datastore for content server and have content server store data directly to the file system ?

Regards Siggi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

luisdarui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sigurður,

Do you have a Solution Manager in your Landscape? If yes, you can add a monitoring to this Content Server and then use the DBA Planning Calendar (CCMS transaction DB13 or DB13C) to schedule backups. If there is no Solution Manager, you can use the an ABAP system to monitor this MaxDB database and use the DB13/DB13C. In case no SAP system is available, you can use the operating system tools like the Windows Task Scheduler or Linux Crontab along with the dbmcli (Database Manager CLI).

Further information, please check the following SAP Notes:

1377148 - FAQ: SAP MaxDB backup / recovery

846890 - FAQ: SAP MaxDB database management

Regards,

Luis Darui

Sigurdur
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the info, the documentation is not clear enough on those options, but we have a solution manager and a ABAP system so using CCMS og the DB tcodes are both an viable option.

Regards Siggi

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi,

Firstly you can refer to SAP note 1371928 to integrate your maxdb to a dbacockpit. Then you can play around and check the dba jobs to schedule backup job.

Best regards,

James

Answers (0)