cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal 2011 + SQL Integrated Security

rclowe5802
Explorer
0 Kudos

ERP Product is Sage 100 Standard (formerly called MAS 90). Using Sage 100 Standard version 2014 and Crystal Reports 2011, just upgraded a client from Sage MAS 90 4.50 and Crystal XI. They have custom reports that link to a set of SQL tables on the server. These reports worked great in Crystal XI when setting the "Integrated Security" setting to "True" - they could run the reports without being prompted for logon. Now, after the upgrade, even though I have enabled and disabled this feature and tried resetting the datasource location multiple times, we still get the logon prompt. The workaround for now is either to clear the login/password fields or type in the sa password. Has anyone experienced this as a Crystal 2011-specific issue?

Thanks in advance,

Cullen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That version of CR was an OEM build, specific to Sage. Thus it will be best to ask them about the advisability of the upgrade and how it is supposed to work.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

rclowe5802
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thanks so much for the reply. While I understand Sage has an OEM version it has been my experience that for the most part it behaves just like your regular developer edition of Crystal Reports. To that end I was hoping someone on this forum may have had a similar experience and, subsequently, a workaround.

Whether advisable or not Sage requires users now upgrade all 4.50 systems and below to 5.0 or above, thereby abandoning CR XI R2 for CR 2011.

I am also engaging the assistance of the developers at Sage, so if I find something out I'll post it here, unless you think that won't be of any value to the people reading this.

Thanks again,

Cullen

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct. Theoretically this should work. But there are two scenarios here:

1) Do the reports work as expected in the CR 2011 designer? If they do, then that is all good.

2) Do the reports work in Sage? From the post I believe not. So it would point to the way Sage has implemented the reporting part - and only they can answer that.

- Ludek

rclowe5802
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks again, Ludek;

Yes, the report works fine in the Designer. It is only when running it through the Sage 100 Business Desktop that we have the problem.

Appreciate your time,

Cullen

Answers (0)