Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria server can't be demoted from a master to a farm server

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I didn't get any content related to the below issue. Please see the screenshot.

Scenario: This server was previously a standalone server. I uninstalled all the Afaria components from it and deleted all related files so that i can use it as a farm server (with the newly procured server as the Master). I already installed Afaria component from the product image in the Master server (Offcrse its linked with the DB as Master server). I want to run the Afaria component installation in the farm server successfully. How could i get passed this error.

Thanks & Regards

Sajan Mathew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ercin_nurol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sajan,

I did not come across this error message before but from your description it looks to me that you are somehow are using the same Afaria database more than only one time?

The Afaria database keeps track about its Master server and farm servers in the A_Server table.

Eventually there is already a Master entry for this server in it that you need to remove. However when I understand you correctly you have already installed a different Afaria server as Master server, with the same database, but that should actually not be possible. You cannot have 2 Afaria Master servers. So I think that you have maybe installed the other server as a farm server, and that in the Afaria database server this server is still the Master server.

Can you please attach a screenshot of the A_Server table of your Afaria database and tell which machine has what role?

Is this a complete new installation (Master and Farm), that has never worked before ?

Regards

Ercin

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ercin,

Many thanks for your swift response as usual.

Actually, I forgot to delete the registry files (HKLM > Software > Afaria) from the Farm server (which was before the Afaria standalone server). Now i did it and restarted the machine and it worked.

Best Regards

Sajan Mathew

Answers (0)