cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treasury Money Market Rollover Accounting entry should not generate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) While doing Treasury Money Market Transaction Rollover, its generating 2 accounting entries when I perform TBB1.

a)       Dr. Fixed Deposit GL xxxxx

Cr  Outgoing Bank Account xxxxx

b)       Dr Incoming Bank xxx

Cr Interest-Fixed Deposit xxx

issue is a) first accounting entry not required, it should not be generated, when I do initial placement its already updated Dr Fixed Deposit GL, when I do rollover only its required 2nd entry(Interest), how to restrict 1st entry for rollover? how to derive FUND for Interest GL its asking, its not populating field anywhere to enter. where can I setup fund for revenue GLs?

Appreciate if any one advise my issue. Thanks..

Regards

Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

feng_dong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you do rollover, you don't need to input the original payment/nominal amount again.
If you input, then it should be duplicated.  You may check TPM13 for the cash flow.

Thanks, Feng

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In case Funds management is active but PSM-TRM is not active, you have to make appropriate assignments to GLs where a Fund is required in T-code FMDERIVE.

Regards,

NIkhil

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Fund, check my articles:

and also check this article: , because field "Fund" might be hidden.

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do rollover when the term of deposit is coming to an end and you want to extend the term of deposit to a few days, weeks, month etc.

At the time of rollover you can extend the terms of deposit, but also you can invest additional sum of money to your deposit.

When you don't invest - there won't be any postings.

But if you do - you have to show your investments with postings, also with postings deposit balance component in TRM is updated.

If you don't want the postings a) you have to create another invesment flow:

1. SM30 -> V_BWGART5: copy 1100 flow and rename it to RollOver flow.

2. SM30 -> V_ZBEWGRT5: assign new flow to product and transaction types.

3. SM34 -> TRDCV_DFLOWTYPE2: copy MM1100- update type and assign to "1. Transaction management" usage.

4. SM30 -> V_ATFTA: use contract type "5.Money market", Flow type from 1), Direction "Outflow", Update type from 3).

5. SM30 -> TRACV_DFT_REL: for update type from 3) uncheck checkmark "Relevant for postings"

Next time you do rollover, you have to enter your new flow for rollover and it won't be relevant to postings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for suggestion and advise from all, really its useful each and every ones suggestion!!

- I followed 5 steps as advised by Grigoriry!

I created new Flow type (1101 for Rollover) with untick relevant for postings, I am using same flow type in my RollOver (TM02) system giving error message " Specify the payment Amount" I am unable to save with out filling payment amount. Actually I don't want any Payment for RollOver, also not required Accounting Entry when I perform TBB1, only its required Interest Accounting entry.

my 2nd Issue, FUND field is still not appearing in Administration Tab, Fund is required for Interest GL account(Revenue) I am not able to assign Terms  'FUND' under Portfolio (SM34-->DIFX_DIFFERENT), Please assist how to add fund under Portfolio,  I tried clink on new entries but no possibility.

Thank you very much, appreciate your suggestions on this regard.

- Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Check in SFW5 if the Business Function FIN_TRM_PSM_INTEGRATION is active. By your previous post, its more likely that the BF is not active.

As i mentioned earlier, if the BF is not active, you need to assign the Fund in Tcode FMDERIVE for the relevant GL.

Also if you wish to activate the business function now and considering there are transactions/positions already created in the system before activation, you also need to perform a Treasury Migration to migrate all existing positions to relevant funds.

Also For you rollover issue, check comment from Feng. You don't need to enter amount again while doing the roll over. once you give the new roll over date, the system will only post interest flows.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Yes. it was deactivated 'FIN_TRM_PSM_INTEGRATION'  how to activate? is it client Independent? or can we transport from DEV-->QAS? I tried to Activate this, but still its appearing Red light and Deactivate status. How to make it active this object please guide me..

Thank you

- Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

You can follow Grigory's post for activating the BF. In case you still have issues, i suggest you ask your Basis to check. If you tried activating it, check in SM37 the status of the job. The activation triggers a background job, once its completed the BF will be activated.

Regards,

Nikhil

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i've just check rollover step with my deposits.

If you want only to extend term of your deposit, you have to make empty "Flow type" field and "Payment Amount" field. and only fill "End" field.

But if you want not only to extend term, but also to invest additional sum of money, you have to fill "Flow type", "Payment Amount" and "End" fields

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grigoriy,

Thank you for explanation, I am also getting same and similar 'Cash Flow View'  I am going to explain more detailed about my issue.

1)  We have migrated data recently and went SAP go live recently.

2)  We want to perform some rollover transactions, which is already migrated ones(existing FTRs) 

FDs  in SAP.

3) We have created BPs, after that FTR_CREATE loaded all legacy data into SAP system.

4) Also we loaded Trail Balance Sheet Items Dr  FD GL and Credit Migration GL ( Fixed Deposit GL

Balance Already in SAP)

5) While doing Rollover I am not entering Flow Type, and Payment Amount make it as empty as you

mentioned in 1st screen. we need similar to this, because we don't invest additional/decrease of 

sum, We do Rollover same amount as initial FTR amount.

6) Performing FTR_EDIT->Settle->RollOver(empty flow type) and final TBB1 its generating 2

accounting entries. 1) Debit FD GL and Credit Outgoing Bank 2) Debit Incoming Bank and Credit

Interest Revenue Account.

Now my problem FD GL Debiting 2times one is already we loaded in data Migration, 2nd time after RollOver in TBB1 account posting time. actually we don't want to generate 1st entry as mentioned in item no.6 my 2nd accounting entry is correct for Interest GL.

Please advise how can I over come my above issue.

Thank you..

-Srini