Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturer ID in US import customs declaration

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Can you please let me know if there is a spot where manufacturer ID (MID) for each material can be captured/entered in the import customs declaration?

Examples of some manufacturer names and addresses and their codes:

Address:

LA VIE DE FRANCE

243 Rue de la Payees

62591 Bremond, France

Manufacturer ID:

FRLAVIE243BRE

Address:

20TH CENTURY TECHNOLOGIES

5 Ricardo Munoz, Suite 5880 Caracas, Venezuela

Manufacturer ID:
VE20TCEN5880CAR

Thanks,
Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You can record the identifier in the Partner record for the Vendor.  In the "Identification" tab, value 'SLLMID' is available as an "ID Type".

The vendor should then be entered into the Declaration as Partner Function CUSVKA.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

The MID can be different for each material according to my business. so it needs to be a field at item level.

Thanks,

Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Ok, so I did a bit more searching, and noticed SAP Note 1632217, which seems to indicate that you can use the "Manufacturer" (Partner Function 'CUSMAN') at item level for that purpose.

If you search OSS for the word "Manufacturer" (in area SLL-LEG*), you can find quite a few Notes referring to the MID functionality.

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

If is use it via partner function, it means the business partner must first be created (in transaction BP). Each transaction can have a different MID for the same partner number plus the MID has a certain naming convention which means master data maintenance is cumbersome.

Please let me know if I may have misunderstood something. I couldn't find very helpful OSS notes for SLL-LEG 901.

Thanks,
Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Yes, in that case I can understand the problem.  I suggest you create an OSS Incident, and take up the matter with SAP.

Good luck,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

You might thought through the following options but go through them and try them if they are useful.

I agree, MFID will be derrived with certian logic. However, you need to submit the manufacturer id along with its address.

How do you manage their address details if it is not maintained as master data ?

If you want to avoid Master data maintenance then did you check the option of using item level documents tab ?

Define a new doc type for manufacturer and map it to the idoc in the Badi, that might take care of your issue.

Regards

Raj

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your inputs.  Per my import compliance team, address details of MID are not required. Just MID is enough.

Your idea of  adding in the documents looks like a good solution, I already have a document type ZXMID for Manufacturer ID so I'll try that. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Satish