cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Fiscal Year in BPC Consolidation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing the new business scenario of that different fiscal year in consolidation area.

The software environment is BPC 10.1 on BW on HANA.

The fiscal year of Parent company starts from 1st April to 31th March next year; and subsidiaries' start from 1st Jan. to 31th Dec.

Something should be considered are:

• Dimension - Time: how to handle the Master data and related attributes, like TIMEID/ BASE_PERIOD etc.;
  • Balance Carry Forward: how to code the logic script of COPY_OPENING and COPY_CLOSING;
  • Currency Carry Forward: how to use the function like [OPECLO], which one is the closing rate of last year, 31th Dec or 31st Mar.?
  • Dimension - Category: should i create at least two Categories to fulfill this requirement?

What the other element is that ECC has activated Parallel Ledger.

Expecting yours input, Great thanks in advanced!

Best Regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

"new dimension (user defined)" - bad idea! New TIME dimension with different model - may be OK!

Please explain how you want to use BPC - what type of reporting for subsidiaries?

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

it's a consolidation application, it should be in one consolidation type model.

have you reviewed requirements above mentioned?

or it can be created special period 13-16 correspondingly to ECC?

Frank

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you need BPC only for consolidation - then use TIME dimension based on fiscal Parent company.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Danushka, thanks to your responding! I know how to configure Balance carry forward in BPC.

My question is how to handle the business scenario of different fiscal period in one corporate group.

Best regards,

Frank