cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reconnect to the CMS. The session has been logged off or has expired.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing a strange behavior from Crystal Enterprise XI. whenever i leave my appliation idol, then i got the following error.

Kindly help me, i have tried many ways to understand and to figureout the reason but not able to fix it.

com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.IManagedService$ManagedExpiredException: Unable to reconnect to the CMS centralization.FMFSYS.COM:6400. The session has been logged off or has expired.

at com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.d.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.infostore.internal.d.queryEx(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.infostore.internal.InfoStore.query(Unknown Source)

at cmb.reports.CrystalEnterpriseReportObjects.getClientDocumentObject(CrystalEnterpriseReportObjects.java:108)

at cmb.reports.CrystalEnterpriseReportObjects.getClientDocumentObject(CrystalEnterpriseReportObjects.java:133)

at cmb.reports.CMBReportObjects.getReportGenerationEngineForPdfAndExcelFormat(CMBReportObjects.java:63)

at webmodule.CmbReportControllerServlet.sendGeneratedReportInSpecificFormatToClient(CmbReportControllerServlet.java:98)

at webmodule.CmbReportControllerServlet.doPost(CmbReportControllerServlet.java:56)

at webmodule.CmbReportControllerServlet.doGet(CmbReportControllerServlet.java:30)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:731)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:844)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:242)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:216)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:132)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:338)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:221)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3284)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3254)

at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)

at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)

at weblogic.servlet.provider.WlsSubjectHandle.run(WlsSubjectHandle.java:57)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.doSecuredExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2163)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2089)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2074)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1513)

at weblogic.servlet.provider.ContainerSupportProviderImpl$WlsRequestExecutor.run(ContainerSupportProviderImpl.java:254)

at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:256)

at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:221)

I will be highly thankful to you.

Regards,

Mubashar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209323
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mubashar,

Follow the below steps

1. From Central Configuration Manager, disable all the services and re-enable

them.

2. Log into Central Management Console and go to the server

area.

3. Go to the properties of Central Management Server, in command line

parameters type -requesttimeout 3600000.

4. Save the changes and restart the

server.

5. Follow the same steps for WebIntelligence Processing Server and

Adapter Job Server.

6. Go to the connection server properties and increase

"Ideal connection timeout" to 120, restart the server

You can also refer to note 1422296

Regards,

Shreejith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shreejith,

Can you tell me more about step 6, when i select connection from CMC , it displays no items.

How do i can increase connection ideal connection timeout.

Rest of steps i have applied and will update you later.

Regards,

Mubashar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Although i have done steps referred by Shreejith , but still i am getting the same above error.

Here is my Code .

From above code CrystalEnterpriseReportObjects get initialized when my web logic server get started and it also load the rptAppFactory on start-up

rptAppFactory = (IReportAppFactory) es.getService("", "RASReportService");

During the day i am just calling getClientDocumentObject() to get the client document.

The problem is  if i left my system idol or do not generate report then i got The session has been logged off exception, detailed exception is same at the start of this discussion.

For you i am getting the exception on following line of code of getClientDocumentObject()

ReportClientDocument clientDoc = rptAppFactory.openDocument((IInfoObject) oInfoObjects.get(0), 0, rptlocale);

Kindly help me , i will be thankful

Regards,

Mubashar

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a number of KBAs on how to handle session time outs. A sample of KBAs found om SMP:

https://i7p.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/2056790

https://i7p.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1683657

https://i7p.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1290134

https://i7p.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/2056790

You may also want to use a search string like 'BOE session timeout' in the search box in the top right corner, see what blogs, docs, wikis you get that may help.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek,

I have updated the code by re initializing the RASReprotService and InfoViewObject. when ever session expired or log-off exception occurred and applied the configurations suggested by shreejith.

Thanks u all.

Mubashar

Answers (0)