cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling exits from FPM application - Suggestions required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a custom FPM OVP application which modifies material notifications - in simple words it does the same thing that transaction QM02 does.

Now, in QM02 we have implemented many exits for our custom logic when saving the material notifications. The business wants the same logic, written in the exits,to trigger when we transact through the FPM application also.

Now, my question is - is there any way by which we can trigger the same exits from our FPM application..? If not, is there any other optimised way to do it other than writing all those logic in my application.?

Many thanks in advance.

Saikat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

karsten_heth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saikat,

which Function module/BAPI are you using to modify the material notifications? With a little bit of luck some of the exits are already triggered automatically. Did you set some break points to check if they are processed?

J_R
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Saikat,

in principle, all places where you have written ABAP code for your FPM application can be used to call BAdIs (I guess this is what you mean with the term 'exits'). These places could be

- feeder classes for the UIBBs that are on your OVP pages (based on the respective feeder class interfaces IF_FPM_GUIBB_*),

- an OVP application configuration controller (AppCC, based on ABAP or WD interface IF_FPM_OVP_CONF_EXIT),

- an application controller (based on ABAP or WD interface IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER),

- a transaction handler (based on ABAP or WD interface IF_FPM_TRANSACTION).

Best regards,
Jens