Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDAS and database client error

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Please help me in fixing the issue, I tried creating OLAP connection to Microsoft cubes and which was successful. But when we try to create a workspace from BO analysis, I see the below error.

Please advice.

From the machine it says "MDAS service is running and that the database client software has been installed on the machine hosting the MDAS service"

- I checked in the server which DEV and APS server is running fine with Multi-Dimensional analysis service.

- Do we need the client software ( Microsoft ) on the server ???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

What is your BO Version? What is the version of Microsoft Analysis Services? Can you connect using to MSSAS server from client machine using SQL Server Management Studio? Can you connect to any other database(if available)? what do you see when you click on "Show Details"?

Error message says are you able to connect to SSAS database from the BO Server using SQL Server Management Studio?

Thanks,

Parag

former_member203645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We tried creating OLAP connection from Information Design Tool and we cannot able view data from IDT.

Not sure why it is not working from BI Launchpad, APS servers also looks good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruc,

This is not the correct forum for this this and I am sure Tammy will move it to the correct Analysis for OLAP forum.

But can you confirm your MDAS services are running, check your CMC

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

done that for the OP