cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPSLL/PR_CAT_DISPL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using transaction /SAPSLLL/PR_CAT_DISPL to list the tariff numbers for our products.  I am getting an information message when I run the report using our EU Foreign Trade Org Unit. 

"The Numbering scheme is assigned and incorrect type and will be ignored.  Continue anyway?"

Are FTO's normally assigned to a numbering scheme?  I don't get this message when I run the report for our US Foreign Trade Org Units

Thanks for your help!!  Its greatly appreciated!

Alison

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alison,

The warning is raised when the Type of Numbering Scheme does not match the one selected.  As far as I can see, it could be for one of two reasons:

1. The Numbering Scheme is for Tariff Codes, but you are trying to select Commodity Codes - in that case, you will get a follow-on error message, since the program cannot continue.
    - or -
  2. Two different Numbering Scheme types exist with the same name (for example, you have created Scheme EUHTS for both Tariff Codes and Commodity Codes) - that's technically possible, but quite unusual.

Do either of those situations apply in your case?

Regards,
Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

Neither scenario seems to be the case for us TAREU is the numbering scheme we have set up for Europe. 

We do have multiple Legal Regulations assigned to the TAREU numbering scheme.  One legal regulation for each of the countries in the EU.  We did this to allow us to transfer the tariff numbers back to ECC. 

Could this be the cause of the message?

Thank you,

Alison

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alison,

It is normal setting to have the same numbering scheme (in your case TAREU) to be assigned to multiple legal regulations (in your case, EU countries legal regulations sharing the same numbering scheme).

I think that Dave has already pointed out where the issue is but let me give you few more details for your analysis.

(1) For the FTO you are using in the selection screen of the report, find out all the Customs Legal regulations that can be active for the country of the FTO (Whether it is Customs, Transit, EMCS, etc... legal regulation)

(2) For all the legal regulation you have found in step (1), what are the numbering schemes being used ? You will find for sure at least TAREU and I am quite sure you will find others

(3) Are these other numbering schemes tariffs codes ? If not, then you have the explanation of the "warning" message you get.

As said in step (3), the message you get is only a "warning" to indicate that all classifications will not be retrieved as at least one numbering scheme found is not a tariff code (if you have chosen tariff codes in the selection screen of the report).

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the additional information Mouaz.  I did some additional checking and found legal regulation TRSBE was also assigned to Belgium, the same country as the FTO I was using.  Do you know if TRSBE is an out of the box legal regulation in GTS?

Thank you for your help!

Alison

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alison,

Yes, Transit for Belgium (TRSBE) is standard.

Regards,

Dave

Answers (0)