cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info Space not visible in Manage Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Explorer/BOBJ 4.1 SP5 Patch 3

I found a similar post but the answers did not help.

My log on is in the Administrators Group.

I created a JDBC Relational connection to HANA from the IDT. I am able to view and select analytical views from Manage Spaces using this connection.

Every time I create a new information space, after clicking OK it does not appear in the list under Manage Spaces, it does appear in my favorites folder on the BI Launchpad.

UNV/UNX universes work fine, it is only the HANA Appliance Information Spaces that do not work.

I get the same behavior using Firefox, Chrome and IE.

I understand the "newdb" method is no longer needed, in fact when I set up the "newdb" entries within the Explorer Application settings I get a HTML 500 response.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank You,

Greg

2B||!2B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've had anomalies happen and simply restarting the Explorers Services cleared up and everything started working as normal again.  We've encountered this under the weekly server box restart (I think the SIA gets services mixed up and needs to have a delayed startup which fixed the issue) and after a week or so it needs background stuff cleaned out like cache, memory, etc etc.

ABner
Participant
0 Kudos

There is an error where it does not show up under your Hana appliance, but instead under tab "Source Unavailable" and then inside this, inside "SAP Hana Appliance" in Manage Information Spaces.

See if it has gone there and if so, and assign points as appropriate.  You have to upgrade to SP5 patch 6 in order to remove this error.

Aaron

ben_yardenay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Aaron,

We're facing the issue you described now. Do you have any idea what would cause this to happen? One day everything was fine and the next the InfoSpaces are in the Source Unavailable. No one had made any changes in the system, so why would it just trigger?

Do you know of a workaround? Or if we upgrade the server, does it automatically move the InfoSpaces back, or are there additional steps?

Thanks,

Ben

ben_yardenay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Update:

This might not be the case for everyone, but in our case the password used for the HANA connection had expired. You'll notice the color in the marked box is purple instead of green. To resolve, have the password changed and then update that in the relational connection settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be 1 of 2 things I can think of.

First select the universe/data source it's created under.  Elementary things first.

Second when creating it, select a folder for it to appear under.  I didn't specify a folder and after promotion it wouldn't show until I had it a folder location and repromoted and there it was.