cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NZDM query

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to migrate from ECC5 to ERP6 EHP6. ECC5 was on sql 2005 so we migrated it to SQL 2008 however we are still not eligible for compression because of being on unsupported/lower Basis SP level

So we now have ECC5 on SQL 2008 and planning a release upgrade. Is NZDM still a value proposition given our ECC5 data is in 2008 r2 format but uncompressed. I know there is no direct relation but just checking if NZDM was only tested on compressed PAGE compressed data format or the use case applies to us also. Please share your experience or thoughts. Thanks for reading

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laszlo_herbert
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

the NZDMs Record&Replay technique's advantages are independent from the data compression settings of the database.

Your product and database version is supported without restrictions (see note

1678565 - Prerequisites, Terms and Conditions for nZDM/SUM)

If shortening the upgrade downtime is an important KPI in your project, nZDM is a good option.

(See more details in the blog http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-32544)

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Laszlo. Much appreciated on the clarification regarding the independence on data compression. I just assumed SUM would have been tested only on PAGE Compressed data. We want to take advantage of this feature. Much obligued

Regards

Kalyan

laszlo_herbert
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

you are welcome.

I would ask you to set the status of your question to answered.

Have a nice weekend.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Answers (0)