cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[IDT] 500 row limit in table on multisource data foundation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are currently facing an issue in our BW/BO environment regarding fiscal periods.

We use Information Design Tool from BO 4.1 sp4 with a relational connection to BW 7.31

Here is the issue :

Whenever we create a datafoundation based on a BW cube, in the automatically created catalog of dimension and text tables, table T0FISCPER seems to be limited to 500 rows.

Due to this limitation, we cannot reach all variants and associated periods which later causes trouble in the data foundation as the system does not match the actual periods from the fact table to the texts in the T0FISCPER table.

Therefore we would like to know:

1- Is this behavior as per design or did we miss something in the process ?

2- Is there any workaround to overcome that limitation (using BICS is not an option ) either in IDT or in BW?

If I can add any further information, feel free to ask me.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Elodie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I did further digging with the DFAT and got some interesting lead regarding my issue.

I've computed the statistics for the catalog and got the right result for cardinality.

Then, I tried to see if the data was actually retrieved by the data federator so I executed the following statement :

I displayed the data exactly as expected.

I pushed the test further by adding two more fiscvar to the statement. I expected to see 726 rows but instead met the 500-row limitation again.

This could confirm that this limitation is made by design but as we definitely need to have access to the data in our dimension objects, how can we set a "where" condition in the generation of the catalog table ?

Thanks for your assistance!

Regards,

Elodie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I finally had an answer from SAP support.

It actually was a bug which can be corrected by applying KBA note 2199209

Regards,

Elodie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How many records are in the BW for these objects?

Did you tried to run the same sql in the data federator admin tool?

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I checked table /BI0/SFISCPER, there are 3392 records.

In the data federator admin tool, I get the same result as in IDT :

Hope this helps!