cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger MSDS Document Manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have requirement to Re-Send  MSDS documents for SD_CALL to customers as per my new MSDS Template.

Experts please guide me; how can I re-trigger MSDS Documents for already created Deliveries and send it to Customers.

This is very urgent.

-Regards

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Solve the issue, for this we wrote Custom Program and achieve the task.

Thanks for your kind responses.

-Regards

Rohit

0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

do you need something like transaction VT70 ?  (processing mode 2 is to process once more existing outputs)

or may be report RCVDRSTR to regenerate all outputs on a specific day ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Basically my issue is

We have 2 MSDS Templates

1) MSDS_1 (Old Valid till 31/May/2015)

2) MSDS_2 (New Valid from 01/June/2015)

Now for any delivery/order; system will automatically pick the MSDS_2 template.

But before this; I want to send this new template for all the deliveries which are created from 01'JAN/2015 to 31'May/2015.

Because the deliveries which are created during 01'JAN/2015 to 31'May/2015 have old template, but I want to send new template in advance.

Please guide.

-Regards

Rohit

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit

you should not mix "template" and "released" report. I am sorry to say that the story is "quite" complex to get "something" similar to your demand.

The story is starting with the term "delivery". In most cases the MSDS/SDS disptach set up is done like this: let us assume that goods movement in relation to delivery should happen on 31.03.2015. In many cases companies decide that MSDS/SDS shipment should start earlier (before goods movement). Let us assume: this should be 2 weeks in advance. So this does not "100%" fit (may be) your demand. In your case you "concentrate" on creation on delivery and not what might be set uo in MSDS/SDS dispatch process.

Further one if during the time period of january and may the system was able to "satisfy" the SDS/MSDS shipment you can not use SAP SD to "retrigger". I don't know report RCVDRSTR ; but to start with SAP SD in this case is the "wrong" approach

The "Retrigeering" of MSDS/SDS is done in standard only if you have (let us concentrate on europe) generated a new major version of effected MSDS. If you do that (that means release the new version) any custimer having received the MSDS/SDS in january / may period will get the new one automatic.

For US and other regions the story is different.

So to be specific: using transaction CVD1 you can check which SDS/MSDS was dispatched for a list of materials, customers, sales org in a time period. IN your case I would more or less use "SE16" as CVD1 is not a "fast" transaction. You  will get then a list of "dispatched" SDS/SDS.

What you need now in any case is a new version of SDS/MSDS. If you (as mentioned) generate major version system should generate (if set up is done properly) automatic a "SUB_CALL" and then any customer wil be informed. If you create onlya "minor" version; this wil not happen. IN this case you could try to start in CG54 to make the dispatch; but this is not a realistic approach

I hope that may explanation helps you.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi C.B,

Thanks for the reply,

But I don't want this automatically, I want this to be trigger as n when required only.

Is there any way to achieve this.

I tried with CG54, but in this all versions of template are visible, so this is confusing.

Can we achieve this via CVD1, if yes then what are the steps. To re-trigger MSDS.

I tried, but didn't get any success.

-Regards

Rohit

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

If you only want to send the new MSDS manually on a case by case statement, use TR CG54 to send the documents manually to the customer.

Regards

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit

if you talk about "CG54" you don't see "templates" there but released raw reports (in 99.999% of the cases !).

I will try to start once again:

in CG54 you have two "views" (ok more than that but of interest are only these two special views):

1.) one view with "substance master"

2.) a second view with "material master"

On top you have some "selection" criteria which can limit the "report tree" which will show up.

If you just "open "CG54 you will get only the "released" reports. But you can display as well the "historic"  if needed.

Starting from CG54 (as mentioned by MarK) you can set up a "MAN_CALL". To do so you would need:

1.) Material effected

2.) specification effected

3.) Gen/Var/Language combination

4.) Initiator

5.) customer effected

With this combinaton you can generate a "MAN_CALL" to "redispatch" MSDS/SDS.

This was the goods news. The bad news is: only by using CVD1 you will get the "history" (who need to get which MSDS/SDS ...)

This means: you will get a list of SDS/MSDS send o a customer by material number by initiator etc.

In the process the customer normally get cover sheet and MSDS in one "package". Now the story depends on your current set up: Do you have an option to do a "MAN_CALL"? If yes you could try to do it; but it is really a waste of time.

(KEEP IN MIND THAT BASED ON YOUR SET UP THE TOPIC MIGHT BE MORE COMPLEX: e.g. some customers might get SDS/MSDS as pdf (via eMail) some others as "printed" document)

But honestly I would not try to do so if you have more than 100 materials ; reports, customers etc....

I do not use on daily basis CVD1; but there might be an option to "resent" an SDS (I believe there is one; but not 100% sure); BUt even starting with CVD1 this is a quite "tricky" thing as the "search options" in CVD1 are not "good".

But you can use se16 to make a list more "faster" using more "criteria" to generate a list of MSDS/SDS sent to the customer.

As mentioned. if the MSDS/SDS would be in "major" version (and your customizing set up is done) then for europe ! the "resent" is done automatic

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please guide me how to configure MSDS for Sales Order, not for shipping.

I was new to this.

-Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

You can configure at the below.

Environment, Health and Safety - Product Safety - Report Shipping - Basic Settings for Shipping from SD Documents - Material Safety Data Sheet/Sales and Distribution Interface - Settings for the SD Interface - Sales Documents

However please note that according to standard:

Shipping of SDS happens at the delivery level. In order to generate report shipping order during the Sales Order level and can be sent via CVD1, then you need to go with a custom enhancement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But there are 2 options in SPRO Report Shipping Customization Shipping n Order.

So you mean to say that we can only trigger MSDS at the time of delivery only.

-Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes according to standard SAP, at the Sales Order level, SAP just allows the SDB output type checks whether a report can be selected. If a report is not present then a Report Request is created.

In order to ship at the Sales Order level, an enhancement needs to be developed in one of the user exits for Report Shipping provided by SAP with the help of developer.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit

I encourage you to check the OSS note in SAP marketplace which describes anything what is possible in context of SDS/MSDS shipment by standard and which explains on top there you can enhance/adapt using SAP standard (no modification).

If you check: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41109

you will find lots of references to many threads regardign the topic "SDS shipment" (set up etc.)

But without having read the OSS consulting note (configuration of SDS/MSDS distrbution) you should not start whatsoever work. Honestly: this document is the "holy bible" in this context and a "must to read" document; if you do not understand one paragraph etc. you will not succeed properly do the set up

C.B.

PS: as a starting point (quite high level) it is worth to have a look in SAP EHS online help;

Report Shipping (EHS-SAF-RSH) - Product Safety (EHS-SAF) - SAP Library

Especially this chapter: Report Shipping: Process - Product Safety (EHS-SAF) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

If you have a new template and set the SDS as main version, the system will consider:

For Country US the standard setting sends the new version only on the next delivery to the customer.

However for European countries you can configure subsequent shipping using FM CVE8_RDO_SUBSEQ_REQ_CREATE in  " Assign Check and Subsequent Shipping Functions". in SPRO.

This will trigger subsequent shipping and resend SDS to all the customers in the past 12 months using SUB_CALL

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit

may be check:

and please explain your "issue" in more detail

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit

not sure what you would like to achieve.

We have e.g.  "SD_CALL" and "SUB_CALL". In SD_CALL the SAP systems tries to identify a suitable MSDS/SDS and send it. based on sending some information is stored in data base. Now if you have a new major version (europe !) of same MSDS/SDS the system set up a "SUB_CALL" and the new document is sent to same customer etc. (within 12 months).

If you have changed WWI template nothing will happen. First you need a new version of the SDS in CG54 (released).

But may be this link might help you:

Generating Worklists - Product Safety (EHS-SAF) - SAP Library

as well as:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/a4ce5314894208e10000000a174cb4/content.htm

C.B.