cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequencial processing of output requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have at the moment a problem with the sequential processing of output requests.

Current situation:

spools are created in the right order

output requests are mixed

Current Analysis:

In SM21 I find messages telling me that the internal queue is full. When I look now into RZ20 I see the two parameter ServiceQueue and ServiceQueuePriv with 90,3% full.

So this seems to be the reason.

Now my question. What is filling up the Queues? At the moment nobody is printing. I also deleted spools in different status but no change. The deletion of the spools is done every day automatically. Because of this I would suspect that the percentage will be different every day but it is not.

Can anyone give me a hint what is filling up these queues and how to delete them?

Best regards and many thanks in advance,

Gerd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gerd,

if sequential printout is required, first please set the flag "Process requests sequentially" in transaction SPAD (under tab "Output Attributes" of the Output Device).

If this flag is set yet the output is still mixed: is front-end printing used?

The reason I am asking this is that front end printing can not ensure sequential printing. The reason is that different threads on OS level will receive the spools, so sequentiality can not be ensured anymore.

Is the message "Internal Job Queue Full for Synchronous Processing of Print Requests" logged in SM21?

This message may appear when an Output Device receives too much spools at once to process them sequentially. A solution for this might be to slightly increase profile parameter rspo/global_shm/job_list.

Also, see SAP Note #412065 - "Incorrect output sequence of output requests" for more information about troubleshooting this issue.

(Also: perhaps this question might have a better place at the http://scn.sap.com/community/output-management Space.)

Best regards,

Laszlo