cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitution on Asset for using transaction AS02 /as92 to default the value by posting date

0 Kudos

Can anyone help me know why these substitutions are used in Asset  for the transaction codes when the T. code is AS02  /AS92 the posting date should be substituted.... What business scenarios these substitutions are used.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your responses. Finally the issue is solved and still this remains as question how this is solved. The substitution created for the company code for restricting the Cost object like either CC  or WBS while creation of asset. When this change moved to PRD, The above issue is solved. But still remains as a open question for me as have no idea how this was resolved.

Regards,

Joyce

afroz_ahmed4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce,

Substitution is generally used in Asset Accounting for Mass Change of Assets Master Data.

For this you need to first create Substitution through T-code GGB1 and then assign the substitution in transaction code OA02.

Please refer the  below link:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1250803

Regards,
Afroz

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your response.

0 Kudos

Hello Afroz,

Thanks for your response.

This issue is solved but now i have a different issue.

We have EHP 5 upgraded, recently segment reporting is activated for asset accounting. Now business is able to create new intervals in the time dependent org units tab when there there asset transfer from one project to another project. but

There is a different issue now it is noticed that in the asset master it has both cost center and WBS. Both these cost object has different PC assignment. Ideally if asset while creation should have only one cost object and the reason why there are two cost object is not known. Business also want to have only on cost object. But when we are trying to correct the cost object like remove either the cost center  / wbs based on requirement the system is issuing error message

Profit center is not unique (10100101/10204123)

Message no. AIST009

Any idea what is cause an issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce,

If you have account assignments CC/WBS to the asset master, in this case system will consider the true cost object as WBS and CC is a statistical cost object. However, you have to use the cost object which have a unique profit centre. In your case they have different assignments due to this it is throwing error. To resolve this use the CC in the asset master which has a WBS element profit centre. After assign it save the master data. Later remove any one of the object. And also check whether WBS/CC as defined as mandatory field in the asset screen layout. If there are optional there is no issues. Otherwise you have to maintain the object.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

Hello Mukthar,

Thanks for your response.

I was able to do this only for few assets and  only for some assets it is giving me the issue.

Any idea...

regards,

Saritha

afroz_ahmed4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

This is because of Asset Master Screen Layout Configuration.

Check if you are having different Screen Layout settings maintained and assigned  for different Asset Classes.

If this is the case, then due to this you are facing issue for some of the Asset Master.

Please check. Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards,
Afroz