cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was performing upgrade from NW 7.4 SP5 to SP8 in SUM, I got this error during Initial extraction phase , can somebody help me out. . ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Manual action required  on <hostname>"

ERROR: Insufficient free space in the database as follows. Please refer to file /usr/sap/<SID>SUM/abap/log/DBFPREP.RES for more details and additional information about the results of the free space check.

You need additional free space of 200 MB on your database

Expand the data area by at least the mentioned size.

You must fulfill these requirements first before you continue with the procedure!

Free space recommendation

In some scenarios there might be more space required, which was not part of the calculation. Therefore we recommend to have up to 20% more free space than overall required:

Additional 760 MB    

Regards,
Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Please check the log file DBFPREP.RES and also ensure your database has enough freee space.

Which DB you are using ??

Add free space if not present and try it again it will work.

BR

AKJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I am using HANA DB. I checked the log file DBFPREP.RES ,but i didn't get any information in that.

DBFPREP.RES log file :

INSUFFICIENT FREE SPACE:

You need additional free space of 200 MB on your database

Expand the data area by at least the mentioned size.

RECOMMENDED ADDITIONAL FREE SPACE: 760 MB <hostname>:<SID>adm

And also i have enough free space in DB.

Regards,
Prashanth

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth

Could you check this SAP Note

1767479 - Upgrade of SAP HANA fails with not enough space available

BR

SS

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Please check below note it is not for HANA DB but has same issue as you are facing.

819876 - DB6: Additional info about upgrade (based) on SAP NW AS 7.0

You can check

If you use transaction DB02 or ST04 to create a new tablespace, the system does not ignore blank characters that may precede the actual name when you enter the tablespace name. Instead, these are added to the name.

The error was corrected with Basis Release 7.0 Support Package 12. Therefore, the database may contain tablespaces whose names begin with one (or more) blank characters.

If the database contains tablespaces of this type, errors may occur in the prepare phase and upgrade phase; these phases check the freespace on the database. For any tablespaces that already exist i

BR

AKJ