Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search feature in Tree UIBB

former_member469314
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently working with a tree UIBB. Now I want to add a search button to the UIBB.

I have filled the search component of structure ES_OPTION in method GET_DEFINITION. When I want to just activate the search in FLUID I get an exception.

I have to add a random toolbar element or a separator first in order to be able to activate the search without an exception. Is this really necessary or did I miss something?

After I've added a separator to the toolbar, I can see the search button in my tree UIBB. But when I click on the button nothing happens. I can see that the event FPM_GUIBB_OPEN_SEARCH is thrown, but there is no window opening to enter the search criteria. Do I have to do anything else to activate the search?

I have tried with search option 'enabled' as well as with search option 'dynamic'.

Best regards,

Rebekka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rebekka,
in the feeder class, get_definition, set search option to "enabled" as you already did. Then in the FLUID, general settings enable the search functionality. That should be all. Please also have a look at our demo / test application: Package: APB_FPM_TEST_ECATT, application: fpm_test_tree, application configuration: FPM_TEST_TREE_SEARCH_AC. What support package level (SAP_UI) does the system have?

Kind regards,

Ulrich

former_member469314
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

that's what I did, but it doesn't seem to work.

The system has support package level is 0011 (release 740).

The test application is working fine. In LIST_ATS UIBB the search is also working fine in the same application as my tree UIBB.

Below is the exception I get when activating the search in FLUID without adding a toolbar element first.

former_member469314
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay, I think I get closer to the problem:

I only get the exception when I disable personalization. Then I also get the dump if I try to add other standard functions like export to the toolbar.

If I enable the personalization in FLUID, the search is working absolutely fine.

Too bad I don't want to activate the personalization in my tree UIBB.

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hmm, I think it is because when no other buttons do exist you will get that problem... might be an old bug. If you have the possibility for an support package upgrade that would be good. Otherwise there is another worrk around: Instead of the perso button you could include the buttons for expand / collapse all. You can do this via configuration, general settings "include default button set".

former_member469314
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hint.

If I include the default button set I don't get the exception anymore, but the search isn't working anymore (same behaviour as if I add a toolbar element in FLUID). It's strange, but the search seems to work only if personalization is activated. And the "expand/collapse all" buttons don't work at all?

I think there is some kind of problem in my application - I will try it again in a new application with new UIBBs and see if it'll work there.

I don't think I have the possibility at the moment to upgrade the support package. For the moment I will just add the personalization button.

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok, I am sorry. It is not really clear to my why it only works if the perso button is there, strange. Anyway ... regarding the expand all / collapse all buttons: this buttons do not work out of the box. Instead they are just rasing a FPM event and then the feeder class needs to react to it and the expansion / collapsing for itself.