Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting to wrong cost center

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

I need your help to correct cost center in my money market deal.

Below is scenario,

Fixed term deposit: 1,000,000 usd

Contract start date  10.12.2010

End date: 10.12.2027

Interest  calculation : half yearly

Problem is deal created under wrong cost center, Now the user want to change the cost center from 234534 to 665345.

Could you please guide, how shall we achieve this , I tried to implement sap note 1409657 but still couldn't achieve the expected result.

Appreciate all the inputs.

Regards,

Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

THere can be 2 options :

1.  You can create a new account assignment reference and then adding this to correct cost centre. Then you can do a account assignment transfer. Going forward it will post to correct cost centre.

Alternatively you can also try a valuation class transfer with a different AAREF.

2. this option might be last resort, modify the accounting BadI and replace the cost centre value with correct one for that transaction number and the end date.

REgards,

NIkhil 

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

Thanks for your inputs.

for the first option, we i can even make the changes of cost center in FTR_Edit and it shall move to new cost center but concern is about the data already posted?

Could you please suggest anything else.

Regards,

Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jain,

I think you can try changing the cost center in postion indicator of that financial deal..

Go to ftr_edit and select company code and Transaction and then click on change mode..

Then Go to environment icon and from there select positon indicator..

A new screen " Change Position Indicator" shall display and there you change the cost center manually..

If deals were already posted, then reverse the posting first and then change the cost center as mentioned above.

Regards,

Abhishek

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you very much for your time.

Acutally, i'm aware of this process my concern is deal created way back 2010 dated and posting already made, Now to reverse the same i shall do all this which business not accepting.

Could you please let me know whether any other possible way.

Regards,

Jain