SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collective PO : Automatic distribution during Goods Receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

We have an IS Retail platform wherein we use collective purchase order process . The details are as under :

1. Create STO1  with site A as receiving & site B as supplying site  & STO2 with C as receiving & site B as supplying site
  2. Create PO  through tcode  WF10 with site B as receiving site & Vendor V1 . This PO would collect the requirements of STO1 & STO2 . Relationship between PO & STOs will be mapped in table FRET .
  3. Create GR document against PO  through tcode MIGO / MB01
  4. Create adjustment against GR of PO through tcode WF50 . This transaction distributes the GR qty to STO1 & STO2 & created outbound deliveries against STOs .

My requirement is :

Create outbound deliveries automatically when the GR against PO is done . That is step 4 would automatically happen as soon as step 3 is executed .

There is a standard functionality available in SAP to meet this requirement. Can anyone please suggest what could be the steps & prerequisites for the same .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakeer,

You need to check or change the configuration of distribution profile created for site.

SPRO: Logistic General -> Merchandise Distribution -> Site Profiles for Merchandise Distribution

In this config, select your distribution profile from the list and double-click on Control Data for Each Business Process on the left hand screen. Select Pull business process and click on Details Button.

Here you need to maintain following parameters.

Change Adjustment Point and Delivery generation  to Goods Receipt. This should address your issue.

Let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakeer,

You need to check or change the configuration of distribution profile created for site.

SPRO: Logistic General -> Merchandise Distribution -> Site Profiles for Merchandise Distribution

In this config, select your distribution profile from the list and double-click on Control Data for Each Business Process on the left hand screen. Select Pull business process and click on Details Button.

Here you need to maintain following parameters.

Change Adjustment Point and Delivery generation  to Goods Receipt. This should address your issue.

Let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Dear Amit ,

Thanks a lot for the response .

I have done the following  config after creating the new dist profile ZAU :

After this I assigned this dist profile to the site master of the DC ( site that procures from the external vendor )

But still after having done the GR against the PO ( GR done in DC) , delivery against STO was not created .

Please suggest if I am missing something .

0 Kudos

Hi Lakeer,

What is the distribution profile assigned to article master?

You could have done above configuration only for Pull as you are expecting this behavior for Collective PO only. Don't maintain for Default.

Also let me know which distribution adjustment profile you are using.

You have ensure that auto delivery generation from STO should be activated (SPRO: Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase order -> Set up Stock Transport Order -> Activate Automatic Delivery Creation for PO Type and Shipping Point). Here, maintain document type, Shipping point and activate automatic delivery creation.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Dear Amit ,

Thanks a lot for  your inputs . I was able to successfully create the delivery upon GR .

But , my business requirement is that , it requires automatic delivery on GR only for a certain set of articles . That is , it needs only about 5- 10 % articles wherein the delivery creation should be automatic . For the remaining , it needs the manual WF50 process for distribution & delivery creation .

As per my observations & testing  , the processing method ( delivery at the time of GR OR manual transaction ) is completely depended on the dist profile maintained in the DC master . Hence for that particular DC either all articles would be processed manually of  delivery will be created for all articles at GR . Hence , selective processing method  is not feasible.

Would appreciate your valuable input on the same .

0 Kudos

Hi Lakeer,

To the best of my knowledge, that control is available only on document type level and not further.

You may think to use different STO document type to control this.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit