cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File system requirements for SAP NW 7.4```

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am very new to the Linux operating system. Now our client is planning to install NW 7.4 on Linux. So please help Which OS is better in Linux,

And what is the file system requirements for NW 7.4. like /sapmnt, /usr,....etc. Please mention what are the folders we need for file system

If any thing wrong i mentioned here means please forgive me.

Regards,

Patan Thavaheer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replays.

we informed to our client to use Red Hat linux.Finally we given the following directories to create in the server.

/usr/sap--40GB

/sapmnt--20GB

/sapdb--150GB

/tmp--20GB

and SWAP is 3*RAM.

is it enough or we need any other directories in the server?.

Different types are there in linux like power X86_64,etc what is the diffrence between them?

Regards,

Patan Thavaheer.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something to keep in mind with Linux is that you can also mount shares as directories leveraging the /etc/fstab.

PowerPC is typically for RISC based CPUs

x86 is a 32 bit OS not something you probably want to install for an SAP system due to a 4 Gig RAM limit

x86_64 is a 64 bit OS.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So please help Which OS is better in Linux,

Suggest you to opt Redhat licensed version of Linux for the project which you're going to start.

And what is the file system requirements for NW 7.4. like /sapmnt, /usr,....etc. Please mention what are the folders we need for file system

For this better would be to refer SAP NW guides first,which you could locate or get initials at SAP NetWeaver 7.4 – SAP Help Portal Page

And for the installation of  SAP Products consider SAP SWPM, this will do the magic for you.

Hope this will help you.

Good luck !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I didn't find the file structure details in the provided document.

Regards,

Patan Thavaheer.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you could refer SAP link SAP System Directories on UNIX - SAP NetWeaver by Key Capability - SAP Library

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe by default ext3/4 is what Redhat will suggest in its installer (which is the more popular file format in Linux).  However if you have a requirement to leverage LVMs (software raid basically) then your setup is going to be slightly different; what hardware or requirements does the customer have for you?