cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update a custom table at the end of a process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i'm implementing a P&F for hiring process and i would like to know if no one can suggest me a way to update a custom table at the end of the process. In my opinion it's impossible make this update in a generic service because i'm not sure if the process will be terminated without any error.

do you know if there is a user exit triggered just if the process will be terminated?

Thanks in advance.

Giorgio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned, you can do this in an Advanced Generic Service. That is a doable option.

However, if you are talking a true custom table, why not just have your process trigger workflow (if it doesn't already) and after the "Save" of data simply have a workflow step that calls some custom task that is for a custom class method of your own that updates your table as needed. That is VERY easy.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may need to provide more information. Why can't you add the custom infotype to SAP_PA and catch any potential errors via the standard validation step of the process? What error are you hitting that will allow you to pass validation but error on the save? And unless you address this error, it won't matter where you do the save (FLUSH, WF, exit, etc...) as it sounds like the issue you really have is with the design of the infotype itself. Explain more about the error and perhaps someone can provide a better solution for you.

Derrick Banks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Derrick you are right i provided not so much informations for well explaining the issue i'm facing.

Assumption: We are in a system with Global employee.

During the hiring process i need to create a record in a custom IT for the person i'm hiring (i can easily do that in SAP_PA service with all validation rules as you mantioned ) but i also needed to update the same infotype (with different information)  of all other persons related to the same Person ID and at the end make a Z_* custom table updating.

So i think the Chris's Answer got the point. "Advanced generic service" or "Workflow step"

Thank you very much for your fast reply guys !

Giorgio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thinnk it may usefull use an Advanced generic Service and implement FLUSH method.

Giorgio