cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting codes in Notifications

0 Kudos

In QM notifications, is there a way to link code sets together in a hierarchical way so as to limit the selection of subsequent codes?

I have created a code group of catalog type D, which the user would select at the notification header. Based on that selection, I want to restrict what code groups are available later in the notification, for catalogs E and 9. Right now, all code groups for E and 9 are available (for that notification type).

For example, let's say I have the following codes in a group for catalog 😧

CAT
DOG

BIRD

And I have the following code groups for E and 9:

ZCATCODES

ZDOGCODES

ZBIRDCODES

How can I have the system only show the codes for ZCATCODES group if CAT is selected for D?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is what you needed.

0 Kudos

Thank you. Any other clever ideas that do not involve user exit?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Helli Tim,

We have been using this with exclusions wherever needed so, as mentioned in the document. I believe there will not be any match to this. But however, because you've asked so, I would give one example. This is an arrangement to visually filter, i.e, to easily identify the required code from the long list of codes. Suppose we have 2 Object part codes one is ENGN (meaning Engine) and the other is PUMP (pump) each having about 50 damage codes each. Then they adopted a convention to code these damages with respective prefixes. i.e, EN01 to EN50 for engine and similarly for pump PU01 to PU50. Also they arranged the code descriptions in alphabetical order before numbering so. With this arrangement user's search zone reduces because of prefixes at the same time the alphabetical order makes his task easier.

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tim,

As suggested by Jogeswara rao you can achieve this requirement with the help of ABAPer by using the QQMA0015 user exit recently i have done for my client..

for this you have make a configuration with the proper link i.e.  put the Code group as ex: CS-CE below that define your codes like 01- Tubes SA  , 02 -Piston SA then  define the defect codes as 01-TSA (based on first two letters next code selection link should be there ) below this define your defect codes

while making quality notification you can able to select your codes based on your code group

please refer the attached screen shots for your reference

Regards,

Venkatesh..

Former Member
0 Kudos

This functionality is provided by selected sets (t code QS51). But unfortunately,  selected sets are allowed only for catalog type 1 and 3.

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Morabkar,

As per my view we can use the user exit for all catalog types..

this functionality basically used for selecting the defect code groups and codes selection in the Quality / Maintenance / Customer service notifications

Regards,

Venkatesh..