cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Location Fetch in Windows Device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on GPS Information Fetch in Syclo. (SAPCRMSM 4.2). It is working fine in IPAD.

IPAD Configuration

1. Location Services are enabled

2. Blue Tooth is enabled

3. Agentry Client is allowed to access Location Services

But when i try in Windows Device, it is not fetching the Location Latitude and Longitude. Is there any other configurations that are required in Windows Device.

Thanks,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divya,

Hope the document provided to you is helpful for this issue. Did you get chance to look into the document at any time? Please respond on the same.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divya,

If the device is enrolled with the Afaria, can you please tell us the Last connection the Device?

I'll try to replicate the same and get back to you soon.

Regards,

Vinayak

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Divya,

What version of the WPF client are you using?

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response. I am using WPF Client -

SAPCRMSM 4.2.0 Agentry v70.5.1.10

Thanks,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I am using the Agentry Client Version SAPCRMSM 4.2.0 Agentry v70.5.1.10.

In Windows Device all location services, Bluetooth and GNSS are Turned ON. But the location lat and long values are empty. But the values are getting populated in an IPAD.

What other configurations am i missing. Please help me to resolve this issue.  I am using Windows 8.1

Thanks,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divya,

Thank you for contacting SAP Community Network.

For Location enabling and controlling of Windows Phones in afaria please refer the below doc:

http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/zip-afaria/SP5_Afaria_WindowsPhone_WindowsDM_Enrollment.pdf

Hope this helps you clear all queries.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha
SAP Active Global Support

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Divya,

The WPF client does not currently utilize Windows location services to obtain GPS information.  I am currently investigating this for myself as well but I don't have a good device to test with. 

From what I understand it should work with GPS that is presenting on a COM port but I have not confirmed this yet.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill--

I'm using 3rd party GPS tool on a Panasonic tablet. WM is not reading the GPS data since it's looking for the OS Location Services. The GPS is enabled on a COM port.

Is there any document that explains what are the technical requirement for GPS enablement in WM?

Cheers

Fouad

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Fouad,

Please create a Discussion marked as a Question this way you can mark it correct when answered.  Not only will others benefit from your solution once it is found, but you will have more folks looking to provide a solution when your issue has the greater visibility of a Discussion.  Also suggest that you visit the Getting Started link at the top right of each SCN page for help with creating a good Discussion.

--Bill