cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload value assignments to substances

0 Kudos

Hello all,

We need to do a mass upload of value assignments for substances included in a property tree for transaction CG02.

Can anyone point me out how to achieve this?

Can be done through abap coding or maybe with transaction CG33?

Thanks in advance.

Ruben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ruben

many people do have problems in using CG33 as the input file can not be generated "easily"(and many consultants "hate" therefore CG33). As long as the specification isstill existing the OCC might be a better tool as this has been enhanced (refer to answer of MR EHS EHSM) and yopu can use "EXCEL like structured data" for import.

OCC can be used according to documentation now in two different scenarios: in an "online" modus and an "offline" modus.

Please check:

KEEP IN MIND THIS: based on standard EHS data model you should not load all data "direct" to REAL_SUB (e.g. DG data should be loaded different etc.).

Keep in Mind, If you would like to populate properties of type "composition" / "Spec listing" the needed keys must still exists in data base and must be part of the import file.

The use of CG33 is discussed rarelyin the last 3 years. I can not remember any thread in regards of this 2013 / 2014.

2015. situation is different and lot of people have raised questions regarding the so called "DataEditor" and the "OCC".

I propose you to do the load "property" by "property" if you do not have any experience with OCC or CG33.

Please check:

and:

First document will provide references to threads discussing use of "OCC" to load data; second docoment does provide references to threads discussing substance data import using CG33.

C.B.

PS: some threads only as an example:

PPS: regarding:

Can be done through abap coding or maybe with transaction CG33?

IN most cases you do not use own ABAP code to do upload; Most of data import is done either by CG33 or OCC. Especially regulatory content is loaded (according to my knowledge) via OCC

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

In your case its better to use the OCC, you can ask me why?

1. You mentioned its a mass upload.

2. CG33 is in some cases good enough, but time consumption.

3. So better go with OCC (Data Editor, as mentioned by  Kalyan Srinivas).

4. Technically OCC is the new tool for the data load as there is no more support from SAP on the Data Editor. But functionality of both tools are same.

--

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Yes you can use CG33 to import substances.

The below link will provide you additional details on the typical file format for import specfications using CG33.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/EN/c3/a5ce5314894208e10000000a174cb4/content.htm?framese...

Alternatively, the SAP EHS Data editor tool can be used for Import of substances, however is a licensed tool needs to purchased from SAP.

In our company we use CG33 to import specification data from our legacy.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Data Editor is now part of the OCC Tool.

No additional license is needed to download and use the OCC Tool. (As long as have an EH&S license).

With the OCC/ Data Editor you can create load files for CG33 or load directly in online mode.
If you need to create a lot of specifications I would suggest to create the load file and load them via CG33.

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos

>Data Editor is now part of the OCC Tool.

Hi Mark, that's good to know ! Thanks for the tip.