Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help setting up Oracle stage databases for Nakisa

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I really need some help. as I am stuck Now..

I have installed my SAP Net weaver 7.4 Java system Lynix with oracle 11. (SID NKD )

I have installed  Nakisa 4.1 SP2 Add- on my ECC 60 Dev system (DHR)

Also installed the Nakisa 4.1 SP2 transport package on my ECC 60 System

Deployed The 4 components of ORG Management i.e Orgchart, OrgAudit, Ord Modeler and Team Manager onto The Java Net Weaver System

I have loaded the serial file  and opened each Admin Console for each Org Module. I have also Setup the sap connections strings to my ECC   6.0 system and all works well.

I am now on the on the SAP EXTRACTER  stage settings. Point 6.2.3 DESTNATION DATABASE od the Admin Manual for ORGAUDIT

As you know  SAP Extractor extracts data from AN SAP Server to a staged RDBMS  database .I have not  setup my 3 staging   databases  yet as I don't know how

I assume my DESTINATION DATBASE will be my new 3 databases

I need to setup another 3 database and 3 users for each ORG application on my Net weaver Nakisa oracle Server so that I can keep my the data fro each application separately..

I am searching  and cannto find any note son how to do this. Can anyone please help me as I am now stuck..

Appreciate all and any help

Thanks

Morga Moodaley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Morga.

Here are some things to get you on your way...

1. SAP JCo

Ensure you have a supported version of the SAP Java Connector installed as this will enable communication with the database.

2. Oracle Databases

In terms of setting up the Oracle databases and user accounts you should speak to your database administrator if you are not familiar with configuring such databases as along with the basic set-up of the database, there may be additional local requirements around naming conventions, backup and archival processes, etc.  For each database, the NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS property should notably be set to CHAR (not that NetWeaver recommends BYTE for this so you will want a separate instance).  Setting the user accounts as the database owners is the easiest approach, but specifically you need to ensure they have privileges for CONNECT and RESOURCE and that they are able to create, drop and alter any table structures, views or constraints (e.g. indexes).  The process of running and extract works by dropping and recreating various tables, views and indexes, so this is important.

3. OrgAudit Admin Guide & Config

On page 50 of the OrgAudit admin guide (4.1; also any particular reason you didn't go with 4.3?) is the start of the instructions for configuring the extractor.  You should follow these to set-up the extract to run from AdminConsole in the first instance and once proven, then take a look at setting it up for automated running from the command line ... which could then be scheduled using cron.  You'll also want to take a look at page 58 onwards as this explains how to configure the auditing functionality/job.

With the databases set-up you'll be able to enter your connection strings into OrgAudit's AdminConsole (you may also wish to consider setting up user preferences, etc.).  Note that the auditing process (p58 onwards in the admin guide) makes reference to "recreating structure" for a table.  This is essential for the auditing and must be carried out from within AdminConsole.  Of course you also need to make sure your basic parameters (e.g. root org unit ID) are correctly set.

4. Blog Post

If you haven't already taken a look at it, I'd also recommend having a read through of .

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Morga.

Did you manage to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Stephen.

Answers (0)