Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Schedule auto backups in DBACOCKPIT

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help,

I had a situation like I have lost all the passwords SA, SAPSA, SAPSSO so I was forced to regenerate to SA password to get into database. I have followed a procedure 1872806. Got the password for SA with that I have changed the SAPSA and SAPSSO passwords.

+++SYBADM shows the connection was successfully established. But we are failing to trigger auto backups.

Also the scheduled calender jobs are failing after the password resets. More over SA is locked.

At OS level I am getting a message worker jsj__RunSQLJob:jsd_MakeConnection() failed for user sapsa to server SID

Please help on this situation.

Regards,

Amarnath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187136
Contributor
0 Kudos

Amar,

Did you unlock the sa login before executing the syb_update_db script?

Check SAP Note 1602547 , section "How to unlock or lock the sa login" .

When you change your password for SA you need to ensure the password for all users with sso_role is consistent.

For this follow note 1706410, if you did use procedure in 1872806 make sure you do not add -psa

but rather -psapsso

1706410 - SYB: Security - Changing passwords for database users

1872806 - How to set a new password for SA account in Sybase ASE server

Also for the Backup Scheduiling use the below note: 1841993 - SYB: How to schedule backups in DBA Cockpit

Regards

Kiran K Adharapuram

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the suggestion . I tried the mentioned notes and scheduled the backup accordingly but it failed with the below error,

FATAL ERROR: Exception CX_DB6_CALENDAR_ACTION in class CL_DB6_CALENDAR_ACTION method EXEC_ACTION line 88 / RC=Job error
Exception CX_DB6_CALENDAR_ACTION in class CL_DB6_CALENDAR_ACTION method EXEC_ACTION line 88
      Kernel Error ID:      
      WP ID:      21 
      WP PID:      5048
      Application Server:      XXXXXXXXX
      SYSID:      XXX
      SY-SUBRC:      1059 
      SY-TABIX:      0 
      Messages from Scheduler Back-End:
      Writing job parameters failed
      [ASE Error SQL208:42000][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]saptools..JOB_PARAMETERS not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).

Please help with this situation.

Regards,

Amarnath

former_member187136
Contributor
0 Kudos

Amar,

Check if you have the permission to access the table which is throwing you the error:

Run this query:

select name,owner=user_name(uid)

from sysobjects

where name = "<table_name>"

go

Also try with the below options:

1. Also check if your ATM is up and running? If possible un-install and re-install ATM and Repair ATM

2. Restart the JS_Agent(JOB Scheduler)

Execute the below commands from isql:

use sybmgmtdb
   go
   exec sp_sjobcontrol @name=NULL,@option="stop_js"
   go
   exec sp_sjobcontrol @name=NULL,@option="start_js"
   go

Refer this SAP Note:

1835880 - SYB: How to diagnose issues with Sybase ASE Job Scheduler, ATM, or Scheduled Jobs

If nothing goes fine share me the corresponding screen-shots and database error log which can be found from the below path:

$SYBASE/ASE-15_0/install/<SID>.log

Regards

Kiran K Adharapuram

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I have tried restarting the job scheduler task as you said but no luck. Attaching the error screens in dbacockpit log. I am seeing the similar error at OS level log file.

Regards

Amarnath

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Do you have any suggestion for this situation. Please look into the screens attached and guide me.

Regards,

Amarnath

former_member187136
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Attach the 3 error logs for analysis, we will get some hints from it, I am sure.

1. Database Server error log($SYBASE/ASE-15_0/install/SID.log)

2. Database BackupServer error log($SYBASE/ASE-15_0/install/SID_BS.log)

3. JS_Agent log

If possible delete all the scheduled jobs and restart the JS_Agent and try again

Regards

Kiran K Adharapuram

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As you said I am attaching 3 log files.

Auto backups were failing since have re-setted the passwords for sa, sapsa, sapsso. Please advice.

Thanks,

Amarnath

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Armanath,

I wonder how did you change sapsa and sapsso passwords?

I suggest you to read carefully SAP Note 1706410 - SYB: Security - Changing passwords for database users : item 5 (changing passwords in Secure Storage), item 6 (Renew external logins) and item 7 and ensure you have correctly followed these instructions.

SYB_JSTASK external login uses the sapsa login, so if you changed the sapsa password without following the instructions detailed in the SAP Note above, I'd expect the Job Scheduler to no be able to establish a connection to the ASE.

Do **not** delete the jobs, they are Data Collector jobs, and what we have so far is an attempt to connect to the ASE that failed, not an issue with jobs scripts.

HTH

Cris

former_member187136
Contributor
0 Kudos

Cris,

Thank you very much chris for the reply . I agree, I was expecting that there may be issue with the job scripts so asked for delete and re-create, also my intention was to re-create just the user created jobs not the DataCollector Jobs.

Now after the glance of the log it is sure that the issue is connecting to ASE attempt failed.I am about to give this note after looking the log file.

@Amar: Kindly follow the SAP Note 1706410 - SYB: Security - Changing passwords for database users

and let us know the connectivity to ASE got succeed

Regards

Kiran K Adharapuram

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi maria,

We do not have any of the passwords to further proceed with database activities except sybadm. There was no other option other than re-setting passwords.

1) I have stopped Sybase.

2) Edited file "run_sid" and added flag -psa -T4044.

3) Ran sybase.bat file from cmd promt.

4) After adjusting the CMD buffer size again executed RUN_SID.bat file which I have edited previously.

5) A new password for sa was generated.

6) With the help of sa chaged sapsa and sapsso passwords.

7) isql -Usa -Pxxxxx -SSID -c -w9999.

😎 sp_password "oldpassword",new password,sasso.

9) sp_password "oldpassword",new password,sapsa.

10) After doing this again locked sa.

Please advice now.

Thanks,

Amarnath

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Armanath,

Please follow the instructions detailed in item 5 (changing passwords in Secure Storage), item 6 (Renew external logins) and item 7 from SAP Note 1706410 - SYB: Security - Changing passwords for database users .

Regards,

Cris

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran and Maria,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions but I have clearly posted what exactly I did, please help.

Thanks,

Amarnath

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran/Maria,

Thanks a lot for the advice, previously I have followed all the steps mentioned in Note- 1706410.

Could you please guide me in below step i.e., creating a temporary password file. Is that nothing but password written on any text document? or just the password.

1. Write the password to a temporary file <password file> that you delete after having called rsecssfx.
  2. Change the password for the DEFAULT_DB_USER (SAPSR3) to the password you set previously for the SAPSR3 database user.

HOST:<sid>adm > rsecssfx put DB_CONNECT/DEFAULT_DB_PASSWORD -valuefile <password file> -valuefile7bit

Please advice.

Thanks,

Amarnath.

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amarnath,

This step just indicates that you have to write the password in a text file, then this text file is used in the rsecssfx command, you have to replace <password file> with the file name created.

HTH

Cris

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria/Kiran,

Thanks a lot it worked as a charm. Now I am able to schedule backup from DBACOCKPIT manually by SQL Script  and I am not able to schedule using DUMP DATABASE and schedule as a recuring action. Do you have any idea with this?

If I am correct I see my solution manager is the owner for rest of the systems. Should I schedule it in solution manager by DBACOCKPIT and schedule an action?

But to say you people are very helpful thanks again.

Thanks,

Amarnath

former_member187136
Contributor
0 Kudos

Amar,

Nice to hear that issue is solved

Open a separate new thread, so that we can follow from beginning and reply accordingly

What do you say ??

Regards

Kiran K Adharapuram

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

That's a good idea, I will open a new thread for this issue. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Amarnath

Answers (0)