cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2013 - Renaming a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was just wondering if you can rename a table\command with a \ in it.

In 2013 i get this error:

"Invalid Argument Provided. Details: The alias requested 'AvailableInventoryLocations\', Contains a combination of characters which is not considered to be valid.

I had a similar issue with the XI version, but there was a registry fix for this.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\Database]

"InvalidAliasCharList"="!(){}"

Save the text file with an extension of .reg then double click on the file you created.

In the 2013 version it doesn't have the same drill down in the registry.

Does anyone know a way around it as i need to be able to add a slash character to my reports?

\

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

The path should be:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP Business Objects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\Database

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

thanks for your reply. I have checked checked this, and the only option i have is Installer folder, in the suite folder. Please see example attached.

Regards,

Gary

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you expand the 'Wow6432Node' amd browse the same path as above?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please see attached.,

Regards

Gary

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

Things just don't look right on that computer. The registry for my CR 2013 install looks like this:

Perhaps the best thing to do at this point is get the latest Service Pack (SP 5) for CR 2013, apply that, see what the registry looks like and then worry about the actual issue and mods to the registry. The latest SP can be downloaded from here:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/patch_download/main_public.htm

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I have just tried that link, but it didn't work. I get an access denied error for the patch.

Regards,

Gary

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm - I just tried it and it's fine in IE and Firefox for me. Can you just try to copy and paste the link in your browser, see if that help?

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/patch_download/main_public.htm

- Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have managed to fix this. The database option was in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software, wow643Node, SAP Business Objects, Suite XI 4.0, Crystal Reports, Database

Thanks for all your help.

Gary