cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSO-to-DSO load issue with Overwrite

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear exports,

I just came accross a situation which seems to be there a long time but not really known by a lot of people....

The Problem is basically already described in following discussion:

The main message is: In case of a full or init load from active DSO table, the system preaggregates the data using "ADDITION" for KFs - not considering what your transformation defines.

This behaviour is quite dangerous... and the only solution seems to be to set RSADMIN Parameter RSDRI_READ_WITH_GROUP_BY.

But if I only want to disable this for one DTP I do not seem to have a chance....

Any suggstions from your side?

Thanks

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sat_p2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is this is happing newly?

are you upgrated your system?

what kind of DB your are using?

try to load data freshly into the DSO and check.

Regards,

satyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Satyam,

nope we did not do an upgrade. This is a new Data-Flow.

Seems to be new Standard behviour...

Kind Regards

Oliver

colm_boyle
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I second Gabrielle's suggestion...

Note: 1147419 Consulting note: Unrequired Aggregation during extraction

This note contains instructions on how to avoid GROUP BY on specific DTPs. (The RSDRI_READ_WITH_GROUP_BY = NONE works globally).

If you are on 7.3 you can avoid this by deactivating aggregation on an individual DTP also...

1536734 - Deactivating aggregation

You could also try/test the followig if you want to avoid group by for particular DTPs => you can maintain the RSADMIN parameter nc_rsadmin_group_extr  with value as the DTP technical name.

If the testing of the RSADMIN parameter doesn't suit and you don't want aggregation and you don't want to disable it across the system, then the only option is to follow the instructions of the consulting note 1147419 .

Let us know which option works best for you so other users can refer to this thread,

thanks,

Colm

gabrielenosatti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

have a look at note 1147419; it suggests to use a start routine or add an Infosource between the two ODSs.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1147419

Regards,

Gabriele

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Write two ABAP programs one reset RSADMIN another for set.

In process chain ,

1. Start process
  2. Call Reset(RSADMIN Table) ABAP program
  3. Execute your DTP
  4. Call Set(RSADMIN) ABAP program

In this case it will work only for your DTP, please make sure should not execute any other DTP at this time.

Thank you,

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nanda,

are you serious about your suggestion?

I could never ever guarantee within a production system that no DTPs are beeing executed at a certain point of time.

Thank you for your tougths but this is not feasbile for us.

Kind Redards

Oliver