cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit union deduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Currently client has option for their staff to enroll into credit union saving in which the staff contributes certain percentage of his salary towards the credit union saving account.

Each individual eligible to make deposits (not all the local staff were given this option) could choose a percentage(%) upto to his/her maximum percentage (%) that changes every year. The staff has option to change the % requested without any restriction in a year upto the maximum  allowed in that year for that employee. Please let me know if their is some place on employee master data that we can store the maximum percentage that this employee is allowed to contribute.Also when the actual percentage election is entered on IT014for this employee, their needs to be check to ensure the credit union percentage election does not exceed  the maximum %  allowed for that employee . Please let me know how this can be configured in SAP.

Thanks,

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may be able to achieve what you need with a combination of 2 IT0014;  one with the Deduction WT and the Deduction %, and a second one with an "Information WT" for the employee's Maximum %.

Then, you'd need a PCR to compare the Deduction % with the Maximum %.

Note that if the "Maximum %" varies according to the employee's seniority (or any date on IT0041) and a set of constants in V_T511K (or other variables such as Personnel Sub-Area, Employee Sub-Group, Salary Grid, etc.), then you could use only the Deduction WT and a PCR that compares it's % with the % allowed according to the employee's Seniority (or that other variable).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

Thank You for answering my query. However the maximum % is per staff and not dependent on any variable such as salary structure, seniority etc. So I think we need to store the max % on IT0014 record for each employee for information purpose only and then use a PCR to compare the deduction % with Max %. Additional to the above requirement we have few more requirements . Please see below the complete credit union deduction process at the client that needs to be configured:

1.Point of entry for credit union deduction  % election is through ESS or IT0014

2.The system should stop the entry if the % election selected is greater then the Max %

3.Percentage is multiplied against the benefit salary( BSAL) into a  local currency amount.

4.In the case where there is credit union loan being processed, the loan is deducted first  in US dollars

5.Credit union loan is converted into local currency( based on the daily exchange rates)

6.Credit union loan is compared with Credit union saving amount.

7.Only the difference is passed when saving amount is greater than Loan amount.

Please let me know which the best way this can be configured in SAP

Thanks,

Shilpa

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please restrict your query to one problem. 

You now try to add "Point of entry" of Deduction Percentage, Validation Rules during Data Entry, Calculation of the Deduction, Loan Processing, Calculations in different Currencies, etc.

Since the "Credit Union Deduction" seems similar to a Savings Plan, you may want to consider using IT0169 instead of multiple IT0014.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

We currently have a Max % per employee that stops us from using the IT0169 - Saving plan infotype

Also we have a individual % election per staff member that needs to be mass loaded by country once a year.

So we will need the multiple IT0014 records to store the % election and Max % and use the PCR to compare the  % election  with the Max % .

Also the second half to this calculation is the loan amount needs to be converted from US Dollars into Local currency and then compared with the credit union saving ( which is the % of BSAL in local currency) and then pass only the difference if the loan amount is lesser then the credit union saving amount. Please let me know if we will need a RICEF for this or  all this can be achieved through standard configuration or PCR.

Thanks,

Shilpa

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you create a WT for the "Election %" and set it's maximum in T511, and create a WT for the "Max. elect. %", create an IT0014 with each of these WTs for each employee, you will have achieved part of your requirement.

For the "Loan Amount in US Dollars", where will the information come from?

Once you have all the required information available for processing, you should be able to create a PCR to achieve the last part of your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

I do not think we will need to create a T511 for each employee max  election % as this is stored in information only wage type on IT0014 -Please correct me if wrong

Also the second half the Loan amount in USD is  stored on IT0014 master data of that employee. The Loan amount will then need to be converted into what ever currency maintained in It0008 for that employee by using the  standard exchange rate table ( i.e.  TCURR)and then  stored into a new wage type .( I think this will be RICEF as currency conversion is required and will not be PCR)

Then once the Loan amount is converted into Local currency ,it needs to compared with the Credit union saving amount ( which is  Election % * BSAL) and only the difference needs to be passed on into the credit union saving wage type.( I think this can be done through PCR).

Please correct me if I am understanding this correctly.

Thanks,

Shilpa