cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC not delivered to PO System, SEGMENT_UNKNOWN Error in SM58

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are trying to send an IDOC from 4.6C R/3 System to PO System. It is working fine in other 4.6C System except one where IDOC is not reaching PO System. The Status of Outbound IDOC is '03 - Data Passed to Port OK', but we see an error SM58 as shown in the attachment.

Could anyone please help me resolve this error. What I also understand is Function Module IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS is called at the receiving System to process inbound idoc. So it is also not clear is this error  is occurring at the receiving system or at the sending system?

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Folks we have a Process Orchestration forum for questions regarding PO.  Please use that.

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

It seems from error that receiving system does not know about segment in error.

Is PI working as middle ware? If yes then Is PI adapted latest idoc definition ?

PO system is an SAP or legacy system ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitendra for your response. here r3 is connected to PO(process orchestration) system through IDOC Adapter. PI is not being used as a middleware. I do not have acces to PO, but as per my knowledge its a java based system.

thanks

rohit

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

"PO" is the successor of "PI": with a new release it got renamed from "Process Integration" to "Process Orchestration". (And I think, it's current name is "PRO" now.)

Anyway, PI/PO is using the function module IDOCTYPE_READ_COMPLETE in order to read IDoc segment definitions from the R/3 system's DDIC. The error SEGMENT_UNKNOWN can have two reasons:

a) One of the segments of the IDoc does not exist in the backend system's DDIC. This is quite unlikely, if the IDoc has been created in that system... 🙂 (This error could only happen, if you "mis-configure" the IDoc Adapter, e.g. you send IDocs from SAP system A, but configure the IDoc Adapter to read the segment definitions from SAP system B.)

b) In older releases IDOCTYPE_READ_COMPLETE used to have a bug: for reading the DDIC, the backend user configured in the IDoc Adapter needs to have a certain authorization object. If that authorization is missing, IDOCTYPE_READ_COMPLETE used to throw the error OBJECT_UNKNOWN/SEGMENT_UNKNOWN instead of a correct error message like "permission denied/invalid authorization".

I'm pretty sure, you are running into problem b) here... See SAP note 974537. It describes with which Support Package the incorrect error message was fixed, and it also describes the authorization object your backend user needs (because just fixing the error message will of course not help you much... )

(BTW: in that note, "PO" is still called "XI", which was the predecessor of "PI". So don't get confused...)

Best Regards, Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nishant!! I checked WE21, Port configuration looks alright to me. There seems to be some other problem, but I am not sure where exactly is this IDOC stuck.

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

have you test connection using we21?

Because if the data is successfully passed to port than it should work.

Thanks

Nishant