cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Analyze the Performance of Database After archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have implement data archiving for our client and have not performed Database reorganization.

I want to know what are the validation steps involved in measuring the performance of the sap system for which archiving is completed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ashwini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini

You can analyse the performance by taking the trace by using the transaction code  ST12 with business transaction before / after archive, and  reorganization.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for  replying .

Now that i have performed archiving and have not taken the trace of st12 before archiving  and have not performed database reorganisation.

How will I evaluate the performance in this scenario and how is the Tcode ST12 Similar to DB02?

Regards

Ashwini

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini

You can measure the performance trace over all the table usage before and after archive.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram ,

Thank you for the reply.

Can you  please tell me the steps to analyse the performance using TCODE ST12.

Are ST12 and DB02 Same ?

How can I calculate the space savings after archiving?  can I do that with ST12? or is there any other transaction other Db02.

Can I calculate the space saving  without running reorganisation?

Regards

Ashwini

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini

Kindly refer the SCN thread

Single Transaction Analysis - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram ,

I have not been able to validate the performance before and after archiving using ST12 .

i am not able to collect the statistics.

Please kindly help .

Regards

Ashwini

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini

1.  Before starting the archive, Any business transaction or reports take the trace by using the transaction ST12,

2. After the archive perform the same transaction trace check the over all database usage and check the sql trace

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram ,

I have done archiving for MM_MATBEl and executed st12  for MB51 before and after archiving  but i am not able to see any result and also  i am not able to collect any executed  trace.

can you please tell me why.

regards

ashwini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Please find the result of the Trace executed .

kindly tell me how can i analyze with the following output.

Regards

Ashwini

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini

1. Execute the transaction ST12 select the trace press " ABAP Trace" check the over all ABAP & DB usage before and after archive.

2. Open the Sql performance trace check the over all MM standard table access time before and after traeces

3. Select the "Summarize trace by Sql Statement" as mention in the below snapshot.

4. Kindly refer the YouTube SAP Tutorials on transaction ST05 - YouTube

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for the reply.

I am not able to find  any abap trace or performance trace in st12 .

Whever i click on the following tab it gives me no Abap trace found.

Regards

Ashwini

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini

I think your traces are not collected the data, Could you check the your snapshot "Trace analyses fullscreen list" check the tab "Durations" totally show's 0.

Once again could you follow the steps as mention in the SCN thread

BR

SS