Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning On Hierarchy

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created a input ready query and its working perfectly fine.

But, as soon as I choose a Characterstic "Material" and activate the hierarchy built in BW over it, and I run the query the query says No DATA.

The data is there because, if i deactivate the Hier the data comes back.

Kindly help, as I want to do the planning on Hierarchy leaf level.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

if you activate a display hierarchy in a query is acts as a dynamic filter. Check whether the hierarchy has a non-empty intersection with the characteristic used in the filter of the query. In general it is good practice to use the hierarchy also in the filter of the query.

Regards,

Gregor

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

Thanks for that. I am actually using it in Filter also. My main concern are 2 point.

1) If I change my external Character in Hier to Text node- i get input enabled in key figures.

For example - I was using Product_hier as external characteristic in Hier.

Node1- TOOLS (text Node and Top Node)

Node2 - Scissors ( Prod_hier)

leaves - Scissors1

Leaves - Scissors 2.

Now, i have to do planning on Leaves level.. If I convert Node 2 to Text node I can do the planning. thats strange.

2) - IN another query where I have a CHar Structure and a  Key Figrure Structure both in Column, Its not allowing the query - since its giving warning- already 2 structures present. I dont understand it.

Regards,

Vivek

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

points 1 and 2 are completly independent.

2) In a query one can only define 2 structures, one of these structures usually contain the key figures. Having 2 structures it is no problem to put both structures in rows or columns.

1) I is unclear what you have modeled. In BW a hierarchy is defined with respect to a characteristic, usually called the hierarchy base characteristic. Assume this is A. A foreign characteristic B <> A might be used in a hierarchy on A, in this case the hierarchy nodes having values from B should not be leaves. These kind of hierarchy nodes more or less act as text nodes, the only difference is that the text nodes have hard coded text and 'foreign' hierachy nodes get the texts from the master data values of B. I expect that you have some values a of characteristic A as leves in the hierarchy; only then cells can be input-ready; but this also might depend on other settings in the query, cf. the documentation for more details.

Having a product group hierarchy you may something like this PG for product group and P for product (being the hierarchy base characteristic):

Root (text node)

PG1 (foreign characteristic)

P1 (base characteristic)

P2 (base characteristic)

PG2

P3 (base characteristic)

Using no disaggregation and ensuring that the data cells on the leaf level determine all characteristics used in the aggregation level in a unique way these data cells can be input-ready.

Regards,

Gregor

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

Thanks for the answer.

1) Regarding Structure, i didn't framed my question correctly. I have 2 structures, (one char and one Key figure ) in Column. The problem is as soon as I include Hierarchy in Rows, the query becomes input disabled and it give error- no new rows permitted as the column contains two structure.

2) Regarding hier- you are correct and have understood me perfectly. I have similar product hier where there is foreign charcterstic at node. My question is can i also do Planning at node level and explode it at leaf level. Because currently Nodes are input disabled.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

In one of the other posts you mentioned about SAP Note : 994853 .

With the help of the note I was able to plan on Node level ( text Node) . thank you very much.

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Ending the post with the answer .

Hierarchy on Node is possible : Use disAggregation  function mentioned in note:994853.

in my case I used Text nodes, but I will try with External Characteristics and update this post.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (0)