cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image is not showing in Crystal Report Viewer rendering in ASP.NET 4.5 web

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I used CRforVS_13_0_12 version for Visual Studio Pro 2013 when creating a Crystal Report. There is an issue that image not showing Crystal Report viewer in ASP.NET page either IE or google chrome browser but I can see the image when export them. I search several answers but nothing address my issue in web.config. I never have this issue when working with VS 2010.

Here is my web.config that relate to image as following:

<httpHandlers>
<add path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" verb="GET" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" />
<add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91"
validate="false" />
</httpHandlers>
</system.web>
<system.webServer>
<modules>
<remove name="FormsAuthentication" />
</modules>
<handlers>
<add name="CrystalImageHandler.aspx_GET" verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" preCondition="integratedMode" />
<add name="ReportViewerWebControlHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91" />
</handlers>
<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />

Are there anything missing need to be corrected in my web.config?  Anyone found the solution how to walk around, please help. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First thing I'd like you to do is update to Service Pack 13. Links are here:

Next, see the following:

Crystal Report Viewers in Visual Studio .NET &amp;#... | SCN

Crystal Report Viewers in Visual Studio .NET &amp;#... | SCN

Visual Studio 2012 Crystal Report not working on Windows Server 2012/ 0x800a1391 &amp;#8211; JavaScr...

One of the above will help in resolving the issue.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I updated the latest SP 13. Thanks for your time to show me the possible solution from previous Crystal Report version but nothing work on my issue. I think there is a bug for latest CR 13 for Visual Studio 2013. Please confirm it by creating a ASP.NET web application in VS 2013, then add a Crystal Report to that project, next insert Picture into Crystal Report designer, finally add new ASP.NET web form with Crystal Report Viewer and Report DataSource. Run it and you will see my issue for not showing image. Please let me know any solution to work around on it. Thanks.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, the problem with assuming there is a bug is that you are the 1st one to hit on it - after SP 13 has been out for 4+ months... As for me reproducing it, been there done that, works just peachy. Trust me, you're not the only one using CRVS SP 13 with a picture in it.

Maybe you can post a screenshot of what the report looks like in the viewer of your app?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thank for your response. Please see the attached screenshot for what I am facing with image not showing in Crystal Report Viewer via browser.

I did some research and my issue looks like someone described in http://scn.sap.com/thread/3538009

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. It is really hard to see, but it looks like you are getting an X on a black square instead of the picture. A search for 'crystal net image' returns a number of KBAs, but the following one is the best in your case:

2007224 - Crystal Reports Web viewer displays embedded graphics as black squares

- Ludek

Answers (0)