Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data locking enablement do not allow to save data

Flavio_VB
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We are currently on BPC NW 10.0 BW7.4 SP09.

We are able to insert data in input forms and save it correctly.

However, when we enable the option "Data Locking" for a model, you are not able to save data in the same input forms.

Do you have any comment or recomendation to check?

We already checked UJW_STATCODE, user right and work status process and it is ok.

Best regards,

Flávio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Flavio_VB
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

EPM Version is 10.0 SP20, and we are facing this problem in all environments and models.

BR

Flávio

Flavio_VB
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Priyanka,

Very useful information, unfortunately it did not seem to be the solution to our problem.

We are using BW 7.4 SP9.

But I totally agree with you. It has to be a problem on the back-end, since we have the same problem in web reports as well, not only in input forms.

Do you have any idea how to check enable data locking process in the back-end? Programs running in BW or other topics?

Thank you very much.

BR

Flávio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

This problem is with one particular model that your working on, or with the other models too you face the same error?

In the backend you can check with T-code ST22 whether your getting any error dumps. and also check whether your BPC cube in backend is in Planning mode"Data Loading not allowed"(dont remember the name exactly).

Regards,

Priyanka

Flavio_VB
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Owner and Reviewer(or manager as you prefer) are correctly defined. So, problem is not there.

Yes, we also have problems in default logic. But if we comment Default logic, we can skip default logic problems.

However, we continue with problems in Save data. So, even if we solve default logic, we are not able to save data into BW.

Thanks for your replies,

Flávio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

Have you checked below link:

Might be the issue is not with work status....Just checked the above link and notes.

Hope it is helpfull.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is your EPM add on version?

Andy

Flavio_VB
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

Work status is IFRS Starter kit standard. And in EPM we can submit work status.

However, the problem is the same before and after we change work status.

So we are not able to save data neither before neither afterwards.

Thank you

Flávio

dinesh_veluru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

Are you able to save the data successfully before enabling the work status and the same is available in BW and BPC input form?

Please share the EPM logs.

Can you try validating the script Default.LGF  again.

Can you check any custom code implemented in Default logic which is causing the issue?

Thanks,

Dinesh.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

Have you setup the owner property in your driver dimension?

Andy

Flavio_VB
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I will try to explain the error in more detail.

When we enable "data locking settings by model" in work status in BPC Administration, it does not allow to save data in BW anymore.

We open an input form, insert data and data is not saved in BW(we are able to use the same input form before we activate data locking).

However we receive a sucessfull message saying that data was saved.

But when we go BW or we open reports to check data, data is not there.

Thank you by your help

Flávio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you change the work status in EPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

What do you mean by enable "data locking?

Andy

dinesh_veluru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

Please share the front end work state screenshot along with the entries in UJW_STATCODE screenshot.

Please click on change work status in SAVE DATA button for the line item your are saving the data and check the status whether the data region is locked or not.

or

check the status code for the data region for which save data is failing by running the program UJ0_GET_GEN_TABNAME for your model.

Thanks,

Dinesh.v

Flavio_VB
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Dinesh,

UJW_STATCODE is as expected. It is equal to entries in Work status.

Status 0 to 4, with the correct STATID, DATAMANAGER, JOURNAL,... and so on.

In EPM input schedule, data is not locked and if I am the Owner I am able to submit Work status data for Manager approval.

So, i am able to submit work status for approval, but I am not able to submit/save any data. Might it be due to a data conflict?

If i ran UJ0_GET_GEN_TABNAME and then check work status lock, I will find no data in the table.

Best Regards

Flávio

dinesh_veluru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

Is your initial work state is locked for Manual entry mode?

can you please share the screen shot.

when ever you change the work state from one one stste to another and if workstatus is enabled then work status lock table should have an entries.

Thanks,

Dinesh.V

PS: share the error screen shot while you try to save the data.