Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certification Assignment to operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

I would like to ask for advise in ME- Manufacruring Execution

I am trying to activate process witch is allowing only certified personal use (operate - start/complete) on a selected operation.

I created all the necssary steps:

1. specific user group maint with one user assigned to

2. new certification with the user group from paragraph 1 is assigned.- defigned as permanent

3. operation maint- cerification tab assign specified certification- paragraph 2 .

4. system rule maint - defigned certification warning period

5. user maint - varified that user assigned.

when tryied to operate the operation with user that was not assigned to cerification - there were no limitations or certification verification.

I am attaching doc - with all the steps that mentioned above.

maybe some one can advise me which step i missed

we are currently using ME  6.1.4.20.

I found in documentation very strange note:

"You must assign certification to each user or the certification is not enforced."

but it does not have any sence

if i am adding more users (new) without or accidently not assigning them to certification all the certification is eligeble ???

Thank You

Best Regards

Dmitry Frenkel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

The idea is that first you make the certification enforce against some user group, and then you assign this certification to specific users from that user group which are allowed to work at this operation.

All users outside that user group will not be checked for having the certification assigned.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sergiy,

thank you for the solution i will try to impliment the certification this way.

what is going on if the same user is in few user groups?

are all of them need to be assigned to the certification ?

Thank You 

Best Regards,

Dmitry

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good question. I believe that belonging to a user group with certification enforcement should trigger certification check for this user in spite of assignment to other user groups.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sergiy,

the solution you provided is helpfull and works!!!

allso after the logical explanation to the buisness process looks easy to implement.

thank you again

i also opened oss - need to be closed

0 Kudos

Hello Dmitry,

The certification assignment is also described in SAP Note 1618564 - 'Not certified user can utilize a certified operation'. You may find it helpful.

Br, Alex.

Answers (0)