Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise invoice duplication check

pakornpholpong
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dears,

Our MIGO screen flashed error message "Document is already posted" (Msg no 8I091) while I was trying to do GRN with reference to excise invoice generated from our own factory (Excise invoice generated by tcode J1IIN.

We came across situation that the excise invoice numbers generated from our factory are using exactly the same excise invoice number from our external vendor and system considers this as duplication.

From my view, system is not supposed to use only excise invoice number as the key for duplication check but also should be combination of vendor code and excise invoice number.

We live with workaround putting a space in excise invoice number when process MIGO. Anybody knows how to resolve the issue ?

Best regards,

Pakorn P.

3 REPLIES 3

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of SAP you are in? Can you share J1IIN and J1IEX screenshots?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As of my knowledge,

at the time of capturing excise invoice in MIGO, system checks vendor and excise year combination,

If the system is giving you a error, then please check J_1IEXCHDR for the related entries and compare.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You did not answer my questions?

If you have an abaper get this debugged and see what is the root cause...