Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View only templates task profile

former_member493004
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to manage security through task profile.

My requirement is that I have some users whom i do not want to give authorization to change templates and save data.

i know there are two task profiles provided through which we can manage templates security.

1. Manage Templates and

2. Use input form and Save data

If I exclude above these task profiles from the user, he is not even able to open the templates/input forms. I have to give either of these two task profiles to the users even if they need to only view templates.

Can anyone help me as what could be done in this case?

Thanks,

Ambika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member493004
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I am able to set up this by giving users Only "Manage Templates" task profile and making sure not to give "Edit content of public folder" as this task profile controls access to Company/server folder.

so when users try to save template they can only save on their local drive and not on server which is safe.

also users not given Team leader option to prevent changes in the team folder.

thanks all for your inputs.

Ambika

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to create task profile then please  go through below thread.

Hope this will solve your problem.

former_member493004
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

my requirement is which task profile i assign so that "Open Server Input form folder" is not greyed out as shown in the above screenshot.

i do not want to give users the task profile: Manage templates and Use input form and Save data

Any ideas.

Thanks,

Ambika

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambika,

I think you have to give these 2 task profiles or the users cannot access to the templates and will have the link greyed out, for Manage templates the important thing is they don't have the flag as team leader so they cannot save it to the team folder. To avoid that users send data simply give to the team or the users a read only data access profile as bpc user descibed.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ambika,

You can achieve this through Data access profile.Simply create data access profile and give "Read only" authority. and assign this profile to user or teams.