cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defualt ECM files under Root Node

0 Kudos

Hi ECM Experts

Can any one explain what are the files exists under default/ecm. ( Related to server SAP NW 7.3 EHP1 )

We see only one file that is ".~system~" under root "/" ( this forward slash seems like a default root for ecm) what is the use of the file ".~system~"

We would like to remove/delete this file from this root folder. As we would like to use this default ecm for storing our required files.

Why we are planing to delete file ".~system~" from root folder - we will be giving access to Module lead - a user to monitor the files created and remove the unnecessary files. If by any chance this user delete this file what will be the consequences and how to recover it back.

Kindly provide your necessary information asap so that we can make up quick decision.

Thank you.

Regards

M. Raghavendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Referring to ECMI Providing ECM Repositories as Copies of the SAP Template - Configuration of SAP NetWeaver CE - SAP L...

Isn't that .~system~ a folder instead of a file? If I recall correctly that should contain some required metadata of the repository that must not be deleted.

Regards,

Dieter

0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

Thank you for your response.

You are right this is a folder not a file , this folder when opened seems to be empty.

And unfortunately this got deleted how to recover this back - is it possible to recreate this folder?

Kindly reply.

Thank you.

Regards

M. Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

That folder contains some metadata for the files, sorry, but it cannot be recreated out of nothing.

0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

I asked my Basis team to restart the server to check the consequences of this. And in log files we found nothing.

Then again checked our custom application where we can see the files/folders under root.

The required folder ".~system~" been created after system restart with out our intervention.

Really thank you for your stand when I was in issue.

Regards

M. Raghavendra