cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known issue in AO related to Input Help (aka F4 Help)

filipe_zeuch
Employee
Employee

Hi everyone,

I have seen many incidents sent to SAP related to an issue in Analysis for Office when using Input Help (AKA F4 Help), in BW 740 systems.

The scenario is the following:

1. Click on the Input Help:
  2. All values are shown on the list. Select any value and click on OK (in this case I am selecting "Not Assigned"):
  3. The value will be entered on the input:
  4. Click on the Input Help again and it will show only the value selected on step #2:

This issue is fixed after implementing SAP note below on the BW system:

2107060 - RSBOLAP: Correction for SAP Note 2065089 (reader reset)

I also strongly recommend that you check the SCN post below which contains many SAP notes related to BICS (communication interface used by Analysis for Office) depending on the Support Package of your BW 740:

Very Important BICS notes for BW 740

Kind regards,

Filipe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi Filipe,

Thanks for the update, I have one doubt, In my case the F4 help is not working from the prompt screen.

Will the above note given will work over here. Kindly comment on it.

I am stuck on this issue for long time.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

It would be great if you can guide on it.

Thanks

Gaurav

avinashd_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Try enabling the Analysis office -->.settings-->advanced settings -->Show access mode for member display ,

Then in value help screen check the setting Display-->Access mode-->Values in Master data.

Please follow below snapshots for the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

many thanks for the reply, but the still there is nothing in the selection screen. its empty.

I made the access mode to value in master data.

here in my case ,the analysis for office is trying to connect with SAP ECC infoset.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Gaurav

filipe_zeuch
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

What happens when you execute the query in transaction RSRT directly in your BW system?

Is the scenario working there?

Regards, Filipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

The infoset is build on top of view in ECC system. I am directly accessing it via analysis for office.

The prompt screen has been designed in the infoset.

I created the query on top of it, but still in the F4 help is not appearing in the RSRT.

Thanks

Gaurav

filipe_zeuch
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks. Since the issue remains when you execute the query in RSRT, the SAP note mentioned in this post is not relevant and will not fix the issue here.

As the same scenario occurs in RSRT this is not an issue related to Analysis for Office. In this case I recommend you to create an SAP incident under BW-BEX-OT-F4 component if you need further assistance.

Regards, Filipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Filipe,

I'm wondering if you can answer another question regarding F4 help in AO ... or better: In the BICS Interface?!

In our system, we implemented coding in the F4 function module to filter out invalid/incorrect master data, so that our users see only valid attributes.

Unfortunately we found out that the BICS Interface calls this function module several times, whereas in contrast the query opened from a Web Template is doing this only once!

We've got problems especially in Design Studio Dashboards with e.g. 6 queries... here we lose much time for "unnecessary" calls.

If you need more details I can contact my ABAP colleague who informed me abt. this issue.

Do you have any insights of what the BICS does differently and why?

Thanks, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right now I found a fresh note, of today: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2169597

"... this solution also contains corrections to avoid certain unnecessary F4 BADI calls."

Update:

It is valid only for 7.4 ... why not all???

BR, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Will the above note (recommended by you), will resolve my issue(no f4 help is getting populated) ???

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

No, it will not help.

I think the Problem is more related the the ECC connection.

Is your characteristic, where you want to have the F4 values a real infoobject with master data in BW.

I doubt it, so this will be the reason why it is not working.

BR, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply, but my infoset does not have any info-object.It has been created on top of table. So the table F4 help is being loaded while we generate the infoset.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

We have an issue related to F4 help, I have implemented F4 help BADi on Org Unit hierarchy to restrict users to see only nodes they are assigned to & remove unassigned nodes. This works fine in BEx, RSRT & Analysis for MS Excel. But the F4 help does not work correctly on the dashboards, Analysis OLAP from Launchpad. So question is does the F4 help BADI restrcitions work with dashboards ?

Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

to be honest, I have no idea!

The question is, which Design Studio Version do you use?

You should install the newest 1.6.3 and if it still does not work, then open an OSS note.

BR, Martin

0 Kudos

Hi Filipe,

Keep informing our community with knowing issues.

Thanks,
Diego Ferrary