cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit new Contact Types (under Process Receivables screen)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I I      I was able to add the new contact types to the table UDMV_CCT_TYPE from SM30. However, the contacts created using this new contact type is not editable. When a business user opens the work item at a later day and wishes to update the contact, the change button is not appearing against these contacts, no matter they are the latest ones.

Instead, we can see the change button against every other item which were created using the SAP delivered options.

As   As far as I know, the system only lets you change the last contact type registered in each BP. But this is not the case when the last registration is a new contact type saved on UDMV_CCT_TYPE. It just works for the "standard ones".

I was wondering if there is any other table where we can maintain an entry to make this editable.

You can perfectly see below. The last contact type is no. 8, saved with a new Contact type value registered under SM30, however is not changeable!. The editable contact type is number 7, saved with the standard factory value. The last contact registered should be changeable.

How can I make editable those new contact types I need?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please, somebody that could tell me how to fix this issue...

Many thanks

henk_hoogerbrug
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patxi Albisu,

I think you have to ask SAP. The check is done in function FDM_CCT_MODIFY and it will only check customer contact types "001" and "002".

Please find attached the corresponding screenshot of the code.

Best Regards,

Henk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henk, many thanks for your approach.

Do you know if an abap consultant can add contact types "003", "004"...and so on, on that function?

Thanks indeed.

Patxi

henk_hoogerbrug
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patxi,

I have seen companies making changes to standard SAP coding. But you shouldn't do that.

The best way is to send your question to SAP. In my opinion it shouldn't be hardcoded, but depending on the customizing settings.

Best Regards,

Henk