cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing Return step expected behavior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning!

Does anyone know where ti find good documentation on what, specifically, one should expect when using Disposition Functions (RETURN_TO_ORIGINAL_AND_PREVIOUS for example) in ME Routings?

I am seeing some strange behavior in Post Rework scenarios and cannot find any documentation other than the how to guide which is not helping.

Thank you!,

PJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi!

You can find something in How-To Guide below and maybe in SAP ME online help but I doubt it is an exhaustive description:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/278332139/SAP+ME+How-To-Guide+-+Setting+up+Product...

So, you'd better describe your observation if the guide does not answer all your questions.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergiy,

Thank you for your response.  I have looked at the How-To guide (I checked it again based on your reply) but, as you said, the descriptions are not that detailed.

My specific issue is that I send an SFC to an NC routing with RETURN_TO_ORIGINAL_AND_PREVIOUS.  When the SFC is returned to the original routing, via a manual selection of the return operation, the system routes the SFC directly to the operation that it failed from upon completing the return operation.

Example:

Routing has Operations 1 10

SFC Completes Operations 1, 2, 3, 4 and fails from operation 5 to rework.

Rework completed and SFC is returned to Operation 3 of the original routing via pop-up window selection option.

Operation 3 is completed and SFC is routed to operation 5 instead of continuing the process as defined in the routing.

I hope this is clear...

Thank you in advance,

PJ

0 Kudos

Hi PJ,

So, as I understand, this is what you do:

- you are completing NC routing;

- pop-up window displays operations for return: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5;

- you select operation #3;

- SFC is moved to operation #3;

- you start and complete the SFC at operation #3;

- the SFC gets moved in queue at operation #5.

If so, then there is a bug because after the return to the production routing RETURN_TO_ORIGINAL_AND_PREVIOUS does not control the move to operation #5 after SFC complete at operation #3. Please make sure there is no routing script at operation #3 and if you can replicate this in the latest patch of your SAP ME release, then submit a support ticket for deeper investigation and fixing.

Regards,

Sergiy