Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip is locked by posting run, recalculation terminated

former_member221103
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

At the time of creating travel expense report user is getting error "Trip is locked by posting run, recalcualtion terminated". Even he is creating a new travel expense report he is getting error.

I have checked and there is no trip to settle in FI. The payment is integrated with payroll. Please advise what can be reason for this problem and solution.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls check in PRRW if you have "unfinished" posting runs in status "selection running" or created but not posted.

all posting runs which are not marked green are potentially causing a locked trip.

If some setting requires changes by adding a new trip, like integration HR, mileage cumulation or some legal tax stuff, new trip tries to update existing trip. If this is locked, error.

regards, Michael

former_member221103
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michale,

Thank you but how will I locate the posting run number for that particular which has issue. Employee has already created soo many trips and there are lot many posting runs that it is not possible to check manually.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

quite easy: all posting runs in PRRW are green if successfully posted. Have a look at ALL the grey or red ones. These have errors.

If you have many of those, processing has not been performed carefully the last time. There should be no incomplete or pending posting runs in a productive system. All grey or red posting runs need to be re-checked and finally osted. Otherwise, people are waiting for their money.

As an alternative, you may use reporting/ Query:

Selection:

PersNr = ...

Approval Status = 4 (Trip settled)

Accounting Status = 4 (posted to Finance)

Posting Status = 0 (not posted to Finance)

Output:

List of trips per employee which have been processed by posting run (status change) but not found their way to Finance (Posting Status = 0)

regards, Michael

former_member221103
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Michale The payment is being done through payrol. However, I will try to use reporting/query to locate.