cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Management in BI Integrated Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the overall effects when changing the lock attempts and wait time in seconds for lock management in RSPLSE?

We are occasionally encountering overload for lock server for our process chain for planning. And I found note 928044  which suggested increasing the lock attempts and wait time.

Is there a clear way to calculate how much wait time and lock attempts is needed to avoid the error?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

no, this cannot be easily calculated since the load on the BW enqueue server depends on the number of parallel processes used and the size of the lock requests and maybe on the load that comes from other online planning users.

You may implement note 1911227; this note automatically increases the number of lock attempts in batch processing if lock attempts in RSPLSE were configured. Thus recommended settings in note 928044 should be sufficient.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

By size of the lock requests, does this also mean the size of the data being processed?

And you mentioned that the load that comes from other online planning users is also a factor. Is there a way for me to track if a parallel processing was being executed by other planning users that my have caused the lock server error?

0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

the size of the lock requests depends on the size of the filter used to describe the data region to be locked. How to determine this size is described on note 928044. So in general the size of the lock request does not depend on the data being processed.

But big lock request my come from resolved hierarchies or projections of transaction data in case a planning function in delta mode is used.

There are many ways to run planning functions (in batch or interactively from planning applications). This depends on how the system was customized. So how to analyze this depends on the customizing; using process chains one would use the log of the process chains. RSPLSE records the last lock conflict. This may be helpful sometimes.

Regards,

Gregor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

where can we set lock attempts is RSPLSE?

thanks

Cornelia

0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

this is described in note 928044; for short: use the ok_code 'expert' and use the first tab.

Regards,

Gregor