Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class Type 026 missing in System

amita_kothekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using IS Retail. When I am trying to migrate Merchandise Category data from my QA system to Dev system using ALE getting an error that "Class Type 026 Class xxxxxx" is not available. When I checked the config I found that Class Type 026 is not available in system. But the classes which are available in system are created using class type 026 only.

I am surprised how this can happen. Can anyone help me out?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

amita_kothekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After following all the suggested steps I could transfer the MCH. I have transferred Reference Articles and Single Articles. Also i have created Article Hierarchy with all the nodes assigned to it.

But at the time of transferring Generic article getting following error.

"Generic Article xxxxx can not be created as Class"

Please help.

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit:

You transfer the MCH using standard T-Code WGSE.   What you are missing is Serialization using Message Types so that the IDoc messages are processed in the correct order.  If this is a one time transfer then you could just process the inbound IDocs by message type rather than set up all of the configuration for Serialization using Message Types.

Is this a one time transfer?

MCH objects have dependencies and therefore the sequence of these messages must be controlled. There are four message types that will be sent: CHRMAS, CLSMAS, W_WGRP, and CLFMAS. In the recipient system, the messages must be processed in that order! 

There is a standard Serialization Group to support this. Use BD44 to see that Serialization group GRP_W_WGRP exists, and observe the Sequence Number for each message.

IDoc Serialization using message type (serialization groups) is used when several different message types are dependent on each other, as is the case here. For example, if a merchandise category is assigned to a merchandise category hierarchy level, the merchandise category hierarchy level must first exist.

In BD64, add a BAPI for MaterialGroup.Savereplica (This BAPI includes message type W_WGRP, so you do not have to add W_WGRP as a message type to this distribution model). Also add the following messages to the distribution model: CHRMAS, CLFMAS, and CLSMAS.

In the recipient set, set the partner profiles to Collect IDocs, then process each message type in the correct sequence.

If this is not a one time transfer then I can provide the correct details for setting up the ALE, but it's a long story 🙂

- Paul

-------------------------------------------------

Paul R. Gendreau, Jr.

SAP Retail, Inc.

amita_kothekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Can you send me the document you mrntioned in following post

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you read that post you will find the link to the document:

http://scn.sap.com/community/retail/blog/2014/12/04/create-generic-and-variants-using-lsmw

amita_kothekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link Paul.

While checking the IDoc details I found that E1BPE1MATHEAD does not have the REF_MATL field. I have created the Ref Article for MC. What could be the reason. I am using BD10 transaction to send the Article Masters.

The error is same "Generic Article could not be created as class".

Please help.

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit:

You will not see REF_MATL in an outbound IDoc send with BD10.  That is not the problem.

Perhaps you have some inconsistency in the target system with respect to classification (e.g. KLAH).  Have you been archiving Articles in the target system-client?

- Paul

-------------------------------------------------

Paul R. Gendreau, Jr.

SAP Retail, Inc.

amita_kothekar
Participant
0 Kudos

No, I am not archiving anything in target client. In fact we have just upgraded the target client and now testing it for which we required master data.

I have compared the KLAH table with sending client. All the entries are available in target client.

Anything else should I diagnose.

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

From error it seems, the sequence might be wrong. Either one of node is missing for which it is trying to do assignment or something.

The MC you are trying to migrate might have some assignment of MCH node. Make sure in target system, that assigned node exists.

Regards,

Amit

amita_kothekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I checked the table WRF_HIER_ID for node and found that it is not available in my Dev system. Let me know what should be the sequence for MC transfer. And if you can guide me about the steps will be more helpful.

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Following should be the sequence for your issue.

Create the MCH nodes individually (transaction: CLWM)

Create MCH Nodes assignment or assignment of child nodes to parent nodes (transaction: CLW1)

If the volume is high, you may consider to create LSMW by recording these two transaction to upload them in your target system.

Once this is done, you can migrate your MC to target system.

Regards,

Amit

amita_kothekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I am using ALE. How to transfer this using the same. I have transferred MC & Class but they are not in proper tree / hierarchy.