cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OADB setting & error message AA168

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, I have OADB setting for dep area 15 as below, ideally through legacy upload asset I can see dep area 15 (AS91) but in asset master creation (AS01)I don't see dep area 15. Could you please advise Adding to this as we have some already uploaded assets which are having dep area 15 with Ord Dep start date, hence it is asking for useful life to enter. Once we enter the values in it system popping up the error AA168. what exactly we need to follow to remove this error or workaround Please help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue got resolved.. In Asset master screen-layout for dep area 15 useful life was compulsory, hence it was clashing with OADB settings.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All, I believe this error is coming because we have ord depreciation start date, which is causing this error.. Since creation of asset I don't see any depreciation key added in master. So how should I remove that date from dep area 15. Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the ordinary depreciation start date comes from the Capitalization date itself. So its not required to be entered manually. Also you can check whether in OAYZ T-Code for your asset class the depreciation area is deactivated or not.

Regards,

Malhar.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check this OSS note 1587654 - Depr. start date not deleted after depr. key changed , you may need to implement the attachment correction.

afroz_ahmed4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

For Depreciation Area 15 you need to set the configuration in OADB as "Only Negative Values and Zero allowed" for ordinary depreciation.

Request you to kindly change the same and check

You may also  check this configuration through T-code- OABN.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards,
Afroz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dibyendu, I see SNote:  1587654 is customer specific, adding to this when I check for other company codes I see there is no Ord. depreciation start date for this dep area even though COD is different configuration is same, so not sure am I missing something or its SAP standard behaviour..

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by customer specific ? Did you implement this OSS note ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think if it customer specific that means SAP published this note for specific to them and not to all.. please let me know if otherwise. This note 1587654 has almost  these many dependent note and have many manual activity 1320961, 1113840, 1263895, 1293597, 1121096, 1321236,1491266,1266394 ,1319368,1250015,1331486, 1366920,1374062, 1371308. Not sure if I check other company code/COD in same client it is working fine there..no ord depreciation start date is getting fetched.. Issue is why ord depreciation date is getting fetched even it has 0000 dep key and no ordinary depreciation posting..

former_member267327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are changing ord. dep. start date field in existing assets master data then check the setting of AFAMA & OAYZ.

in case of any issue, please share the screen shot of config which i mentioned above.

Regards,

Dattatraya B.