cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating a record - getting empty value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, dear experts!

I have a strange problem: trying to duplicate a record in a simple flat table, but the new record is empty! While duplicating with "Admin" role - everything is ok. While duplicating with another role "Business Admin" with all the same privileges - getting empty duplicate. It happens only in one table, in other ones records duplicate properly even with "Business Admin" role. I have no idea, what's the matter. Could you help me, please!

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is fixed!

It turned out, that (in user privileges) besides radio-buttons for every table there is one common radio-button for "Tables and Fields":

It was turned off; after turning it on, duplicating began to work properly!

Be careful: turning on "Read/Write" for "Tables and Fields" changes the selection to "Read/Write" for all tables! Furthermore you need to set radio-buttons back manually.

Carlos, Gerwin, thank you for answers and help!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandra,

Can you provide the settings of that specific table from the MDM Console?

- Properties of the Flat Table

- User-settings

- Role Settings (expecially read/write settings)

Kind regards,

Gerwin

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello!

Try stopping, unmounting, then mounting and starting the repository again.

This will refresh the indices, in case there is any trouble.

If the above doesn't work, do you see any errors on the MDS and DataManager logs?

Best Regards,

Carlos Weissheimer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Carlos!

Thank you for the answer. I tried to unmount the repository and mount it again, but nothing changed: after duplication new record appears, auto-filling fields (autoid, user stamp, create stamp) are filled, but other fields are empty. And no mentions in logs and reports.

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandra,

Try running a verify-check and verify-repair to check for any errors in the repository.

BR,
Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

tried it, no errors found, nothing changed =(