cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translate titles in Analysis for ms office

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have several reports in Analysis for ms Office. The report header (titles) are in german language. What could we do, that we can translate those headers ?

Example:

User A (German)

User B (French)

User A open up the report -> headers are in german language.

User B open up the same report -> headers should be in french.

We tried to translate Analysis for office Reports with Translation management tool and detect that there is no support!

In BEx Analyzer we had a solution in vba, which we want use if there is an other way to translate objects..

thx for any idea!

Kind regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

if the titles are query titles, you need to translate them within the query.

If the titles are texts set in Excel, there is no standard to have excel content language dependet. So you have to do the same as in Bex and use some VBA to read the user language and translate.

Or what we do in our workbooks - have one title line in german and a second title line in english ...

regards

Cornelia

JoergBoeke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I use a little ABAP Program to change the names

Table RSAAOBJT is storing all BO related objects in BW.

Powerpoint objects will be:

OBJTYPE = '1'

Excel Workbooks   

OBJTYPE = '0'

DseignStudio Projects/Applications

OBJTYPE = '10'      

SO what you need to do is generate an ABAP program to read either with selections(technical name of object and OBJTYPE) that reads all entries of that table with OBJVER = 'A' ( to bypass SAP content or inactive versions)

For a customer I wrote such a functionality as RFC Function.

1st I read the desired data from BW into Excel ( passing the seletions from Excel to BW Server)

2nd User add and describe the descriptional text within Excel and desired language

3rd that maintained descritions will update the RSAAOBJT tabe in BW directly from Excel.

My customer let the business maintain the descriptive Excel and BW team uploads (after final check) the missing descriptions via Excel RFC call

MAybe that is an alternative for you as well

Joerg Boeke

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael - are you opening these workbooks from the BI Platform?  Which version of Analysis Office?  Would you please look at this note to see if it applies to you? http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2118461

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thx for reply!

We use Analysis 1.4 and open reports from BI Platform.

Thx for the note, that help us to translate the reports name/description, but not titles inside of the report.

thx in advance,

Michael