cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would be possible to change the career from Concur technology to SAP ABAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently I am working in Concur application support for a reputed MNC company since 2013. Initially I have trained in SAP ABAP as a fresher when I was joining but didn't get chance to work in any abap implementation project till now.

I wanted to change my career from Concur to SAP side. Can you please let me know that how to change myself to technical side? Also planning to learn SAP BW so give some input on how to start the sap BW ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arulprakash Murugan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone advice me about my concern ?

Regards,

Arulprakash Murugan

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arulprakash,

Just a gut feeling, but based on the keynote presentations at SAPPHIRE-Orlando two weeks ago, I'm pretty sure Concur is going to be a growing field. That's not to say that ABAP is dying -- far from it. Still, my guess is there will be plenty of opportunities for experienced Concur consultants and professionals. Is it just that you don't like this particular work? Or that you've just now found yourself on a new project as an ABAP developer and need a refresher, since it's been a couple years?

One idea would be to check out the OpenSAP course offerings as a way of brushing up. There are a few ABAP and BW courses listed there (all for HANA, of course, but that is a big focus these days and wouldn't hurt your career potential to learn).

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the advice.

In Concur now I am solving the incidents regarding travel and expense issues and not satisfied in work doing this things on daily basis. Also I didn't get any developer role in ABAP for new project but there is an opportunity for BW resource on next month.

So I bit confused whether I will search any developer role in ABAP or adopt the new roles in BW by start learning BW and work on it If this is the case please suggest where to start for BW learning.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Arulprakash Murugan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone advice my concern ?

Regards,

Arulprakash Murugan